Air RIde suspension or is More Ride better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
F

flynlow

I know that air ride suspension may be smoother on the road and I heard you can use it to level due to they are independent. I am not sure I want something else that may require more maintenance than More Ride which requires. What does everyone else think.

You obviuosly have had no contact with an air suspension system particularly an independant one.  Air systems are superiour in every way to any other system made today for large vehicles, and no more maintinence hungry than any other system, period..>>>Dan :mad: ( Let the flames begin)

thanks for the help. That is what I thought but I have never had them on a 5th wheel that I pulled. I know on my truck they are great. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

My experience with full dynamic air suspension systems, as in a motorhome or large truck, is that they always have a leak somewhere in the connecting lines, ride height valves, etc.  Maybe a slow one, but a leak somewhere.  However, that's not the case with an air bag assist like the Firestone Ride Rite or a simple air spring like the Kelderman.

If you are comparing the Mor-Ryde to something like the Kelderman Air system for trailers, I'm inclined to agree with utahclaimjumper.  The Kelderman is an excellent suspension and few, if any maintenance problems.

Back
Top Bottom