Pressure Pro... status?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dredlake

While attending a Lazydays, RV Taining Seminar, "Tire Safety, Care & Prevention" on Monday, March 22nd, the instructor, Chuck Thatcher, National Director, for TYRON ([email protected] or tel number 888 Run-Flat or cell 507 279-1767... information obtained from his business card that I requested). He polled the class to see what type of tire protection systems we used. When I responded Pressure Pro, he said, "you're not going to be very happy". I inquired why? And he stated to the class "they are in trouble and won't be in business in two years". He added, "if you need new batteries you better order them soon". I confronted him concerning a rival/competetor making such outrageous statements to a Lazydays class. His response was that Camping World does not carry Pressure Pro any longer and that should telll you something. I feel someone from Pressure Pro should contact Tyron and Lazydays to get this information corrected and removed this type of discussion from the class. I felt it was very unprofessional.

We have a PressurePro representative participate here on the forum. Maybe we can get an "official" response clarifying their status.

Beat me by a minute or so on that request.... I am certainly interested because I put these on just last fall.. like them and they worked well... one warned me immediately about a low tire - found out it was the newly put on valve extender - corrected that and all has worked well and comforting for recent 3200 mile trip from WI at -10 when we left to FL (was only around 60 at the time) and back to WI at 10-15 degrees in early Feb.... If true, would be a bummer.... if unfounded opinion, would also like to have some assurances....

The fact that Camping World doesn't carry a product just means that some other supplier offered a product in that category for a lower price.  That's why CW carries Roadmaster and not Blue Ox, for example.  It means nothing as far as the other products are concerned.

Considering Pressure Pro's dominant position in the industry, I wouldn't put any faith in a competitor's statements.

Ed,

I'd be happy to answer this for you. Reader's Digest version, Chuck's response is completely false and entirely made up.

Long version of this answer is this. Not only is Chuck misinformed about PressurePro's market stance, what he is saying is completely opposite from the truth. PressurePro has been leading and pioneering the TPMS market since 1991, and is a true 'original' in our marketplace. Not only are we the only TPMS manufacturer that continues to design, develop and produce our product right here in the USA, we continue leading the market with advanced reliability, durability, accuracy and ease of use. In the last year and a half alone, PressurePro introduced to the market the first data logging monitors, the first large bore Sensors, the first fully automated drop and hook systems (for multi trailer fleets) and the first fully integrated systems alongside many leaders in Telematics. Our partnerships with industry giants such as GE Sensing continue to be our committed partners, and we are happy to remain the product that many other companies continue to strive to overtake, as if we weren't the ones they were gunning for, it would mean we were no longer in the lead for our technology.

None of our many customers should worry about whether or not we will be here in 2 years, or 20 as we continue to work hard to keep pushing the market's limits and exceeding expectations. In fact, many new and exciting developments continue to be in the works. Just this year (2010) we have signed on one of the largest OEM Distributors to help take PressurePro to new heights on our trucking side, we are getting ready to announce our new motorcycle monitors to the market in the next coming weeks, and much more.

We do very much appreciate you looking out for us! Our customers have been great about defending us to false claims, and we certainly appreciate it! I'll make sure our President and CEO, Phil Zaroor, gets in contact with Mr. Thatcher today.

As always, safe travels!

Vanessa and the PressurePro team

Appreciate the clarification Vanessa. I'm sure that many of your customers here will be glad &/or relieved to read your message.

dredlake said:
... His response was that Camping World does not carry Pressure Pro any longer and that should telll you something.....

I am glad that Vanessa jumped in so quickly with such a good response. Camping World not carrying PP does tell me something; PP has more quality than CW is willing to pay for and that CW couldn't make it's usual outrageous profit handling it

I was happy to help Tom.

Bernie, as for CW, you are very right. Just because they don't carry a product doesn't mean the product isn't a great product. I'll be very honest in saying that our product does carry a bit higher price tag which simply scares many buyers off. With that bit higher price tag however comes the only TPMS product with over 19 years of experience in driving the TPMS market, and also comes with having the only TPMS product designed, developed and made right here in the USA. We chose long ago not to compete on pricing alone, as we'd rather focus on best quality, reliability, durability, ease of use, etc. The RV market is filled with very smart people however, that understand that while you might save a few dollars in your upfront purchase of a less proven TPMS product, you simply won't get the use and paybacks out of it that you can spending a few more dollars and getting a product that performs and you can rely on.

We are the first to yell out how lucky we've been in this market. RV'rs continue to amazes us with their willingness to jump right in if you ask for a response or need testing on a product. They always go the extra mile, and so many of you are so flattering. Many of our customers have become dear friends that I, as the youngest in our company (27 today), look up to immensely. So, thank you again for bringing this to our attention! We appreciate it!

Save travels,
Vanessa

It's ironic that he should point to PP not being in business in 2 yrs and then referring to CW. CW may not be in business in 2 yrs. Read the Affinity 2009 10k just issued under section 7 Management Discussion and you will see their financial situation doesn't look too good.

http://tinyurl.com/yjyl6sr

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom