Anyone going to FMCA Convention in Redmond, OR in August?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because it will be MUCH warmer, I will be in the electric hookup section!

Mike & Shirley

Marlene & I will be there. It will be a lot warmer, will have a lot more attendees and the Redmond Fairgrounds is a much nicer facility. The program should be fairly similar to what is happening at ABQ but the logistics will be a lot better.

Mike and Shirley,

Since it is Terry's year to plan what we do, we will be there.  Yep  I can almost guarantee there will be no snow in Redmond in August.  We enjoy the FMCA  rallies, vendors, entertainment and the whole deal.  Hope you can make it.  You deserve some fun.  Your rig  will have a happy new engine by then and you could meet Framily.

Betty

We are considering going to the FMCA Or. rallye since we have to make a trip to Coburg for repair on our driver side window and new tires.

Chris

I am now registered for Redmond. I got a handicapped electric site.

We're registering for the non-electric handicapped area. Even if it's hot, I thought an extra $35 per day was a bit much for electricity. We may be sorry if it's really, really hot....we'll see.

Wendy

Wendy said:
We're registering for the non-electric handicapped area. Even if it's hot, I thought an extra $35 per day was a bit much for electricity. We may be sorry if it's really, really hot....we'll see.

Wendy

We will be registering for the non-handicapped, non-electric area. If it is really hot, you won't be able to use the provided 30A power to run A/Cs, too much demand on lines, so would probably have to run your generator anyways. Might as well save the $35/day.

Ann and I are going. We are registered in non-handicapped, non-electric site. We also thought the $35 a day was excessive.  Looking forward to a FMCA event. We have been to several rallies  but never a FMCA sponsored event.

John

When we get close to the Convention, we'll start posting more detailed plans so hopefully, those of us parking in generator section can enter and park together.

We get to go pick up our motorhome in Phoenix next week!  yay!  And so we're planning to go to Redmond and no, we won't be paying the exhorbitant fee for electric - especially since it won't run the AC anyway!. Sheesh, what were those planners thinking?  :)

Mike and Shirley

With Marlene tied up, I'll (instead of we'll) be picking our coach from the shop next week, or maybe the week after-no hurry, in Phoenix also. Stay in touch, would love to get together with you guys before we see you in Redmond.

After getting some idea of our plans for the next couple of months, we just registered for the Redmond Rally in the General Electric Section......Wahoo!

I'll be there in August!! I can't wait to go and get involved in the action  ;D

Of course - if we don't drive this off the cliff in the interim - we are still considering coming.  One thing we're wondering: if we get non-electric, is there a quiet time when you CAN'T run the generator? If so, how does one stay cool?  It's very hot in Eastern Oregon in August!

MikeandShirley said:
Of course - if we don't drive this off the cliff in the interim - we are still considering coming.  One thing we're wondering: if we get non-electric, is there a quiet time when you CAN'T run the generator? If so, how does one stay cool?  It's very hot in Eastern Oregon in August!

Mike and Shirley,

I'll bet you won't be driving off any cliffs!  Usually Quiet hours at an RV rally  are 10  or maybe 11 pm to  7 am.  In the  past, during some rallies of extreme heat  some of the regulations/ hours  are relaxed.  If you are worried about it  you can also sign up for the FULL generator section that allows generators  24 hours.  And one can never predict the weather. 

Since I live in the desert Ilike warm nights.

Betty
In Idaho with nearly 50 days of rain  and temps in upper 40's.

Betty Brewer said:
Betty
In Idaho with nearly 50 days of rain  and temps in upper 40's.

It has been cold and rainy here too.  Next week is supposed to be warm.  Snow in the local mountans today, just cold rain here though.

Generator quiet hours are 11PM to 7AM. We've been at the two previous Redmond Conventions and one "The Rally" in July and August and don't remember unbearable nites after the A/Cs were shut off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom