Anyone going to FMCA Convention in Redmond, OR in August?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike and Shirley,

I sent you a private message; but I wanted to extend the invitation that if you decide to go into the "general electric" section, we'd love it if you wanted to park next to us.

Marsha~

We've finally decided about the remainder of our summer travels and signed up today for FMCA in Redmond.  We'll be in the General Electric Section.  See you there Marsha!  We've been to Redmond rallies in August and it was very warm so the electric is worth it to us.

We also signed up for the Monaca pre-rally in Salem.  It's Aug. 3-8 with early entry on Aug. 2.  If any other Monaco people will be there, let us know.

Ardra F

Whoever mentioned that we'll be spread around was sure correct!  So far we have:

General Electric - Marsha & Tim, Ardra & Jerry

Handicapped Electric - Russ

Handicapped Non-electric - Wendy & Mike

General Non-electric - Marlene & Bernie, Ann & John, Shirley & Mike

Unknown - Raymonda & Bill, Betty & Terry, T. Creed

I count 18 in our forum signed up to attend.    Pennings still uncommitted so maybe 20.  Anyone else?

ArdraF

The Pennings most likely Will not be able to go to the Monaco and the FMCA rally. I had my 3 Th. surgery on my right foot this Thursday and have to stay in my knee high boot for at least another 2-3 months before we know what the next procedure will be. Driving with the boot or cast would be possible although not recommended but it has been done before :) Biggest problem is swelling of my legs and I have been instructed to keep my legs elevated above my hart most of the time. We now go day by day and see how much improvement there will be in the coming weeks and then decide what the travel plans are.
In the mean time Mimi is recovering from a nasty fall the prior week.

chris & Mimi

Ardra,

I doubt that we will be going now.  We can't rely on the MH at all and it will probably be in somebody's shop again soon anyway.  Will wait till the last minute - is it July 19? - to register.

Shirley

Ardra

I picked up Marlene's handicapped parking permit last week and will be with Wendy & Mike in handicapped generator.

Chris, I hope this surgery works!

Meanwhile, you and Mimi seem to be taking it in turns to fall. Hope she's doing OK.

Chris,

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it, but better to do what the doctor's tell you!  We'd all rather have you keep your feet elevated than have circulation problems on top of everything else.  Do it!  And tell Mimi I said to hit you over the head if you don't....  Hope Mimi's okay.  This has not been your year, has it?

Shirley,

We were looking forward to meeting you.  It's sad that your first RV has been such a negative experience and I hope your prediction of being in another shop soon does not come true.  I read your logs and can't imagine your frustration.  We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed that things will improve soon.  Please do come if you can!

ArdraF

Lois and I will be in the generator section.

Looking forward to seeing fellow Forum members.

Then we are on to Harrisburg, OR for the FCOC Rally and a Camp Freightliner session. Any one else attending either Freightliner session? Let me know if you are.

Ed

I just rented a golf cart for the rally. Figure it will make it easy to get to the cocktail/gab parties.

FYI -- Dump before Redmond.

July 2, 2010 by RV Business 

Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) members have a big rally scheduled for this August in Redmond. For those thinking about dumping their tanks at the local sewage treatment facility, as they say in the ?hood, ?Bring mo? money.?

As of July 1, RV News Service reports, the rates the city charges RVers to evacuate their holding tanks will more than double from $2 to $5. To facilitate the facilities, the city will close the dump station from July 12 through the 16th to install a new pay station. Reason for the rate hike? The city thinks jacking the rates will increase local revenues from the current $8,000 per year to $20,000.

"As of July 1, RV News Service reports, the rates the city charges RVers to evacuate their holding tanks will more than double from $2 to $5. To facilitate the facilities, the city will close the dump station from July 12 through the 16th to install a new pay station. Reason for the rate hike? The city thinks jacking the rates will increase local revenues from the current $8,000 per year to $20,000."

Aren't they going to be surprised!
I consider that gouging and avoid spending money in those towns.

Ok, doubling the fee just to make money off RVers who are going to spend a bunch of money in the area is gouging. BUT $5 is damn cheap for dumping. Of course, we'll probably just take our load south a few miles and dump at La Pine State Park or at Mom & Dad's....both free.

Our credentials are for Monday, August 9, noon-5 pm, arrival.

Wendy

Jim Godward said:
I would suggest that all going to the FMCA not buy anything in Redmond if at all possible.

I'm not sure what the purpose would be?? $5 is still as cheap as, or cheaper than, nearly all alternatives outside of staying at a campground. Redmond won't get the 150% increase that they anticipate, but we aren't talking about that much money here.

It costs these towns to do something with what we RVers dump.  Why shouldn't we pay for what we cause?  It's a user tax and there probably will be a lot more of them Everywhere in the future.  It's the economy.  Just like closing state parks.  Are you going to boycott every state because they close their parks?  The less we use these facilities, the more likely they will be closed in the future.

ArdraF

Ardra, you're absolutely correct. We need to pay user fees with a built in infrastructure sum for the future. Our failure to do that for our bridges, elec transmission lines and water systems has put the USA in a real hole and now the economy can't touch it.

The question is, is the Redmond increase of 150% a gouge or the real cost plus 10+% for the future expansion of sweage facilities?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom