Anyone going to FMCA Convention in Redmond, OR in August?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brewers have arrived.  We are parked in a lovely grassy spot in Lot D,  4th  Street.

I can't believe how nice the weather is.  Lovely just lovely 75, slight breeze.  Nice neighbors .  Life is good.

Betty

Mike and Wendy are in the handicapped area, Lot B, 5th Street, on grass (Gordon is soooo happy we're on grass, not asphalt). Bernie and Marlene are parked next to us. And I see "Magna" listed when I check nearby wireless so I guess Russ is here somewhere, too.

Ditto what Betty said about the weather....even had to use a blanket last night !! Hope it lasts until Sunday.

Wendy

FitzGeralds have just gotten set up in Family Electric Lot 11, Row 8, third coach from the end closest to the fairground buildings.

We had a really nice drive over the mountain.  Such a pretty day!

ArdraF and JerryF

We're not at the FMCA Convention in Redmond in person, so I'm planning on watching the Geeks on Tour free online seminar entitled 'Managing Digital Photos with Picasa' since it's being Webcast Live on Wednesday Aug 11th from 3:15 PM to 4:30 PM Pacific time (5:15 PM to 6:30 PM Central time for me).

I expect to see (via the Webcast) some of you who are attending the FMCA Convention at this seminar.  People who have been using Picasa for awhile still say that they learn something new from this seminar so I'm going to watch it live.  Wish we were there in person though.

Well, we wondered if we were going to have to cancel again.  Got to the shop that has had Hal Murphy for a few days because we couldn't get any power last week. They checked all batteries and said it was powered up. When we got there Friday, it was NOT powered up. So they said they'd check it all out, try to isolate the "one" battery they thought might be bad.  Called this a.m. and they said all was fine.  Got there and again NOTHING. So we waited while they tried to fix things and once we started the generator, all the batteries powered up.  We think one......"little thingy in the side"....don't know how else to describe it, wasn't plugged in all the way.  sheesh!  How much more?  Missed the ferry.  Got to the ferry line, waited for the next ferry, tried to get on, but it was low tide and we were going to drag the hitch and the tail pipe.  I was already loaded on and in front of the ferry in the toad.  Mike had to back Murphy Hal off the ferry and wait TWO hours (mid-day break) to take the next ferry.  Then when he finally got on, they tried to squeeze him into a small space - which he argued with them about - and he ended up scraping/knocking the mirror off kilter.  Words were exchanged! We kinda fixed it!  :)  Then he got to Safeway where we were going to hook up and we had problems with the tow bar.  Then had to find a place to fuel up.  What should have taken 5 hrs took 8.  We're in Silver Spur Park for the night.  See ya'll manana in the electric section.

I took advantage of the  nice weather and took a walk this afternoon around the FMCA Parking areas.  I  happened upon Jerry Fitz. also walking.  We  visited and I ventured on to Bernie and Marlenes.  Mike and Wendy showed up as did Ray and Liza and Russ.  We had a nice happy hour or two or three.

When I got back to our rig Terry informed me  Bill D. and Ramonda are parked  near us and had stopped by for a visit. We  noted  same place tomorrow  at 4 pm as another RV Forum  happy hour.  Bring chairs to  B-5  .  Travel Supreme with rear to back of row.

We await Marsha, Tim, Mike and Shirley, Beth and  Kerry. Others?????  Whooo hoooo what nice weather!

Betty

Mike and Shirley - Come to B-5 tomorrow at 4 pm-ish, look for the silver Travel Supreme with the red HHR parked next to the little Winnebago with the yellow VW and we'll buy you a drink. What stories you have to tell !!

Everyone else who's in the area, y'all come ! If you can't find it, look for the very tall light pole with the Osprey next on top.

Wendy
Redmond OR, FMCA Rally

rsalhus said:

I expect to see (via the Webcast) some of you who are attending the FMCA Convention at this seminar.  People who have been using Picasa for awhile still say that they learn something new from this seminar so I'm going to watch it live.  Wish we were there in person though.

I'll  try to be there. I use Picassa a bunch!

Betty

What a great framily. We left Silver Spur for Redmond this morning and were stopped for 10-15 minutes for a one lane section of construction on 126. While sitting and waiting for the "follow me" truck to bring the opposite direction traffic thru and turn around for us, I noticed a silvery blue coach a half dozen vehicles behind us. I knew the Fitzgeralds were traveling toward Redmond on 126 also, but wasn't sure it was them. All of a sudden my phone rings and there is Jerry letting us know that it is them back there.

This afternoon we saw Betty Brewer walking between Mike & Wendy's coach and ours. Called her in, the Lawrences got back and they came in. Then Betty started working her cell phone and Russ and Ray & Liza came over and Happy Hour was in full force. Same time (4PM) same place (our coach Lot B, 5th Street, silver Travel Supreme, red Chevy HHR) tomorrow. There are thunderstorms in the forecast. If they hold off, bring chairs and we'll be outside. If it is wet, we'll move indoors.

Mike and Shirley, hope you made it safe to Silver Spur. We left there this morning. It'll take you about 2 1/2 hours to get here, depending on the construction delay and congestion in Sisters. I assume that you know the route; turn right out of the campground, right at Westfield (1st stoplight), right at Cascade Highway, left onto 126, right on 97. The roads are very good, somewhat curvy and you climb to over 4,000' and back down, but nothing you can't handle easily. See you tomorrow.

Ok, Lassens are here.  We are in Section 11 row 7.  Our coach is 2nd from the end of the row away from the fairgrounds on the left hand side. 

Marsha~

We are  happy to announce that Mike and Shirley  made it to this Rally.  Yes they have good stories to tell and were welcomed with  wide opened arms at the RVForum Happy hour this afternoon.  They are first timers and had been to  the first timer seminar and then hit our group! 

We gave them lots of advice and they will learn much at this rally we are sure.  We have the photo to prove it all.  Wouldn't you know that just as we got our group posed, a big yellow school bus tram drove down the road and we had to scatter our group to let the bus by and then we posed again! 

I could not decide which photo to post, so I posted them both.  Terry is the photographer and not pictured, but Mike L. took a self timed photo so he may post one of the entire group. 
All is well here at this  RVForum Rally.

Attachments

• Redmond4.jpg
    Redmond4.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Redmond3.jpg
    Redmond3.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 52
Hey guys, it there room to park our car over there by you for Happy Hour?  Beth and Kerry were able to get in the next row behind us (Lot 11 row 8) just down from Jerry and Audra.

Marsha~

There's parking at the end of the row but you could also take the tram. Not sure who'll be here as some may be at seminars.

Wendy

Marsha

We're in the middle of the row and it isn't that long, so parking at the end isn't far. Depending on attendance there might be parking right behind Wendy/Mike's coach or ours. The Blue Line can drop you off right at the coach.

Thanks for the photos, guys.  Note that Shirley and Mike were given the seats of honor - just for making it to FMCA!  They deserve it!

We parked down at the end tonight and it wasn't far to hike to Dobrin's coach.

ArdraF

Raymonda and I are in D row 3.  Enjoyed the get-together yesterday.

Bill Dane
99 Country Coach Allure

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom