Viking 2460 pop-up tires & rims question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viking

Hi all, new to forums here but have 25 years of camping via tents, pop-ups and a bunch of different travel trailers under my belt.

My latest purchase is a 1999 Viking 2460 pop-up that is sporting the ST175/80 D13 Load range C tires and the white 4 lug rims that have the hole pattern instead of the spokes.

I'm looking for rim design options and better tires.  I would like to go with a heavier load range using the same diameter but a wider tire with maybe aluminum rims.

Do you have any sources for such things?  Town fair tire has the usual steel rims and the one tire take your pick options.

Are the snowmobile type tires any better or worst?  Do they make wider rims and tires for these 4 lug hubs?

And.... the distance between the lugs when I measure them with the wheel off and measuring across the hub hole from one lug to another is 4".

When I measure from 1 lug to another NOT crossing the hub hole in the rim the measurement is about 2 3/4 - 2 7/8

When I'm asking places about these rims they ask me what size are the rims, I give them the tire measurements and tell them its a 4 bolt pattern but they seem confused about what rim I really have.

Is this a standard rim pattern and is there a proper term to describe it when I'm asking about it?

Thanks for the help.
JLC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom