ok, another dog comment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Stewie. Melvonnar, I'd like to stay as far from you as possible. And if you ever shot my dog for being on a retractable leash, you'd find yourself in court being sued for everything you own, after I beat the crap out of you. What would you do if a kid came running at you? Shoot him?

Wendy

Just carry a cat with you when you're walking around the campground. If a dog runs at you, throw him the cat.  :eek:

Oh, I'm just kidding - I love cats - I have 3. I don't bring them camping. But I know they are safe at home...my neighbor has guns.  ;D

carson said:
Looking for a nice dog?  I noticed today in our local paper that a neat dog was available for adoption. 2 years old and trainable, they say. The best of 2 worlds..tough but gentle, likes people unless he doesn't like you, will eat anything, etc.

He was a mix of a Rottie and German Shepherd. Just what I was looking for after losing "Panda" our sissy Shi-Tsu.

Guess what..No thank-you. 

carson FL

Carson, I know you will have no fear of dogs as long as you continue to carry that dashboard attack cat with you. ;)  I've forgotten his name. :D ;D

I had a close friend that was a police officer; etc...

OK, that helps! Well, maybe not - maybe the operative words in that quote were "had" and "was."  ::) ::) ::) 

I don't think you've spent a lot of time "getting to know" the longer term members, here!  ::)  You pretty much ignore expertise and character, long established.  :(

Your "police officer" and his advice don't ring true. Or maybe he wasn't given the option of continuing with the force, hence the "was" qualification. There are quite a few officers and former or retired officers on this board. I have doubts that they will respond, but I'd guess you made their teeth itch, pretty badly, with your "police officer" quote.

Your response to DonTom's question was rude.  :(  One can get the answer in the newspaper? I read the newspaper,  today, and for several days past. Your story wasn't there.  ::)  Why am I not surprised? ???

As to your carrying and the warning to watch out - I'm always watching out. Wouldn't occur to me that your target might be my wife's service dog. Service dogs are exempt from leash laws as well as most other "pet" laws, in all of the states that I know about. While he usually wears a "Working" vest, he doesn't always, and according to Federal law is not required to, in any state. Better identify your targets, carefully.

Frankly, I think you're dragging a line behind your boat and have come up with a pretty heavy catch, here.  ::)

Ray D  ;)

Lou, you are quite right. The dashboard cat we leave at home on the Sofa. Hasn't moved since we got him/her. Sure saves a lot of money on food. I think we call him/her ..I think it is Chesier..looks like one.. No Vet charges either.

Take care..are you flooded out in NC.

carson FL

Wow, oh my, I was just looking to see if anyone else travels with a Rottie
Mike 2910 I will answer your question. I travel with my best friend a 3-year-old female Rottie. This is my forth one and I would not own any other breed. I just got back from an 8-week trip to Florida. We were at the Daytona 500 in the infield and in the Keys, had a great time with on problems  8)

The Rottie is a great dog, this is my second one. I am planning on traveling with mine fulltime in the near future. thanks to everyone who answered positively, for the rest of you, all dogs can be mean and aggressive, please do not judge a book by it's cover.

Happy traveling all

Mike and Bruno

DonTom said:
I am going to assume a pit bull.
To different children; to different dogs one a rotwelder, the other a pitbull.

There have been references to service dogs in these posts; Question: all you guys that are beating on me for my opinions; please answer this question with an honest to goodness answer; how many service dogs have you seen running loose (running from campsite to campsite) in a campground that you were in? come on now be honest.
Second thing you need to do when your are in a forest service  or a COE campground, ask the ranger what he/she gets the most complaints about. you may be surprised.

campground
-Don-​

when your are in a forest service  or a COE campground, ask the ranger what he/she gets the most complaints about. you may be surprised.

My husband is a retired USFS/NPS ranger and we both worked as campground hosts in NPS campgrounds. Most campground complaints were for NOISE.....not specificly dog noise but noise i.e. generators, loud music, partiers, drinkers, and, yes, barking dogs. But barking dogs were never #1.

And as for service dogs, I believe you said, or implied, that you would shoot any dog off leash or on a retractable leash. That would include service dogs.

Wendy

Folks, please be sure to keep things civilized, and not let the discussion go downhill. Thanks.

I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to shoot Gordon, even if he was running  at someone (to lick them).

BTW I believe that ex-army Wendy could beat the crap out of me, and marine husband Mike could finish off what was left  ;)  But I hasten to add that they are two of the nicest folks you could wish to meet

I'd pay close attention to Ray D's advice.

This guy is just ringing our chimes, folks.  He's not asking for information; he's not really imparting any either.  Just rehashing the same ol', same ol' dog-hate lingo, message after message.  Why are we fueling the fire while he obdurantly stirs the pot? 

Margi

My wife has been paying attention to articles here and routinely comments to me about hot water, grey tanks/black tanks, dishwashing with a dishpan and insisted we shop for an energy efficient LCD TV. She's already tested the crock pot in the sink and made sure the inverter will power it. She's still undecided on the Splendide washer/dryer.
  When the 'Hoover Dam' fiasco was running full speed she recommended (insisted in her own way) I 'shut up and forget it'.
  Today she put a "DFTT" sticky on the monitor. (I had to Google (Topeka) DFTT to find that meaning). I guess she means this topic.
  Wendy needs no back-up with Mike around but I'm sure many of us stand next to her if the attacks continue. With that I will 'shut up and forget it' before my wife "insists" in her own way.
  RayD, you have an eloquent way of stating my exact feelings.

Aye, you're right Margi. Just give 'em enough rope ....

Tom said:
Aye, you're right Margi. Just give 'em enough rope ....

Are you referring to the reals that that dog owners use?
I agree; let them (dogs) wind out  with there reals to do;
and I have observed the following:
mark the tires on your camper;
mark the neighbors child's tricycle; and all the toys that are lying in the yard;
Jump up on a terrified child; who went screaming to her mother, and I watched while the dog owner tried to explain to the terrified mother that the dog was just playing, (  that mother; by the look on her face would have had a gun; would not only shot the dog, but the dogs owner).
There is no use trying to explain anything to a dog owner,  to them their animals are their children and can do no wrong. there are those that read these posts but are silent because they find out real fast that any comment that is made will result in an eminent attack.
attack on: you can't dispute the truth.

Wow, I can't believe the irony, but I am checking in to Bull Run campground as we speak and a maintenance guy was just brought in after being mauled by a campers dog...  EMTs are on the scene, don't know any details.

More to come as I find out more. 

It was a large american bulldog.  Was on a chain, but had enough run to get to the street where the maintenance guy was picking up trash. 

Bit his arm and leg, looks like serious yet non life threatening injuries.  Lots of blood, but superficial wounds.

Fairfax county police have the owner sequestered (not detained, just talking to him).

Animal control is coming for the dog. 

Heres some more fuel for the fire fellows:
Dog Bite Law
Statistics
The most recent official survey, conducted more than a decade ago, determined there were 4.7 million dog bite victims annually in the USA. A more recent study showed that 1,000 Americans per day are treated in emergency rooms as a result of dog bites. In 2007 there were 33 fatal dog attacks in the USA. Most of the victims who receive medical attention are children, half of whom are bitten in the face. Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year, with over $300 million paid by homeowners insurance

Interesting isn't it?

Had the dog been on the required 6 foot leash this attack would not have happened;
Again a real that goes out 10, 15, or 20 feet or more, is not a 6 foot leash.

Melvonnar,  please learn the difference between "reel" and "real".  Who knows, your intelligence level may undergo a whole new assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom