1999 fleetwood bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darrellguy

Last year i purchased the coach from an auction before that it had been sitting on a lot for about four years I know very little about the systems on the coach but am learning fast its taken me one year just to get her on the road I'm in hopes of getting some desperately needed advise so we can start enjoying it this summer if anyone can help your knowledge and experience will be of great help.   

Darrell,  "When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know" -- Bill Parcells

What you do need to know is, How old are those tires?  learn to read the tire date codes and replace any approaching seven years old before you take to the road.  You will be risking several blowouts with old tires that have been sitting for four years.
Your auction bargain can be reduced to rubble in seconds, not to mention your families safety, by risking it.

Obviously all other rubber components, i.e. hoses, belts and seals need to be checked, but most everything else can, and will, be tested with your intended use. 

Fix things as you find them and you can get many years enjoyment from your new toy.

Thanks porky
I've checked the belts and hoses and they seem to be in good shape. The tires apeare to have very little wear and have no cracks or weathering the mechanic at the inspection station said they were in excellent condition but i would still like to know there age safety is my 1st concern how can i determin there age and were do i find this information? They are the Goodyear RV radials.

Thanks again

You can find information on tire manufacturing date codes by clicking the Glossary button above.

found the date code an "surprise" I need new tires

Hi Ernie and thanks for responding. I am working on the plumbing there were a few leaks. The pipes that run from the utility compartment under the floor are in an area that I cant find any way to access the shower and vanity T off this pipe so I don't know if I can run a new line. There must be some way to access this area.

Back
Top Bottom