rv graphics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rumburg

I have just bought a used 2001 Montana and the graphics are in bad shape.  The interior is excellent and the fiberglass can be cleaned up but the stickers are beyond cleaning.  What suggestions do you have to replacing these?  I really appreciate your help.  We are new to RVing and wanting to get a good start.

There have been numerous prior discussions about removing decals & stripes. Try the Search button above to find some useful answers.

Two problems: removing the old decals and getting something to replace them.

As Tom says, the removal problem has been discussed here often and its a bear at best. Basic choices are to apply heat (heat gun) and carefully lift the  decal with a wood or plastic scraper, or to use a decal removal solvent from 3M or Klean-strip. Or combine both techniques.

Replacing them means either a custom painted trim or having am automotive sign shop make a custom decal (called a "wrap") for you. Google 'RV decal replacement' for some sources. I would suggest having the desired pattern painted on, to avoid having to replace decals again in the future.

Thanks so much for the advice.  This is a wonderful forum and I am thankful I found it. 

I think that when you remove the decals, the part of the firberglass covered by decals will still show the pattern as the other fiberglas may have oxidized. A good cleaning and waxing may help. Like Gary suggested, painting is the best way to go.

Good information on this subject here!

http://www.rvsg.com/index.asp

MDH

Back
Top Bottom