Fun Trip..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Well, We are on our way back to Michigan from South Carolina,  Since (I-40 is closed (Seems Someone dropped a mountian on it, rock/mud slides) we took a more western route .. Ended up going through the Smokey Mountains National Park/Forest (not sure which) which is a very beautiful drive .. Interesting towns (One town looks like one big tourist mall) on each end of the "No commercial traffic allowed) roads and one small rock slide in our way (Thankfully next to a "Vista" parking area so they simply detoured us about 50 feet)

Only one problem.. As I was going down on a right hand switchback curve some folks coming up were a bit tight on the center.. so I edged right,,, as it turns out about 4 inches too far.. Lost my main awning (I THINK I can recover most of it,, I have wanted to shorten it for some time because as designed if the awning is open itinterfers with locking the entry door open.. I think I can shorten it just enough to fix that problem by cutting off only the damaged portion)

And the bed-slide-out topper... That one It appears  can recover 100% at least now.

Still.. Got to call Nationwide.

But it was a fun trip.. Spent the first night at a Wall Mart, Franklin NC
The next night was a Flying J in Kentucky (only one on I-75) I"m now at another "J" in Ohio, also onI-75,, Hope to make Michigan today.

Wife commented on the fog on the smokies

That was not fog.. We were IN the clouds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom