RV Parks Anchorage AK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cash Out

Hi Folks

We are heading to Alaska this May/June and are wondering if anyone out there could recommend a good RV Park (for a 2 week stay) in Anchorage.  We have a 36 ft Cl A and will be towing a car.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Hi!

Dean and I spent 3 months in AK last summer.  If you look in Trip Reports, I think you'll find our log which lists all the parks that we stayed in, price, and amenities.  I believe we stayed in the Golden Nugget.  It had all the bells and whistles, nice people, activities such as park cook-outs with them providing chili or another main item for free, musicians, etc.  The park itself has some trees and they plant colorful flowers, but i wouldn't call it scenic.  It was a great base for our activities because it was close to lots of businesses we needed--right across from a Costco, auto parts store, etc.  However, the two ladies who run it are as mentally challenged as they are sweet.  We found that if we kept it simple, all worked well.  We called them for directions to get to the park--big mistake.  After several sets of directions that had us going in circles, we wised up and figured it out on our own.  Pick up an Anchorage map from AAA.

Brewers also did a log, which was immensely helpful.  Be sure to buy the discount coupon books.  They saved us about $700!

Linda

Back
Top Bottom