Laundry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Somehow, when our nose got pointed north, toward home, I seemed to give up on laundry, figuring I'd do it when I got home. So now we're home and I've done 3 loads of laundry and have at least 5 more to go. Am I nuts are are there more of you out there?

Wendy

I was like that but learned to put just enough clothes in to make a max of 3 loads and washed along the way (maybe shopped a little on the way too though)  but the old never got warn so still 2 loads of laundry to do.

That is one of the reasons I bought a W/D installed in my fiver.  Wash a load every couple of days and when we get home there is usually only one or two loads to do.

Wendy,
Even though we have a washer /dryer combo in rig, it seems when  I get " home" I have lots of laundry to do.  At home I do the bed  linens, rugs, and big  rug items.  I  get  a huge satisfaction having done laundry of those items.  I can't explain it, but it is like a completion.  I spend lots of time  doing laundry when we arrive, while Terry who does his laundry along the way, has but one or two loads of T shirts and underwear.  Welcome home to get your laundry completed!

Betty

Wendy said:
Somehow, when our nose got pointed north, toward home, I seemed to give up on laundry, figuring I'd do it when I got home. So now we're home and I've done 3 loads of laundry and have at least 5 more to go. Am I nuts are are there more of you out there?

Wendy

Our nose will be pointed west shortly and I don't expect Marlene will do any more laundry until we're home also.

I guess part of it is that when we get home I do the sheets and blanket and comforter and all the towels and rugs and pillows and afghans (which got a lot of use the last couple of weeks) and anything that stands still. Run, Gordon, run !!

Wendy
off to put another load in the washer

p.s. Betty, I thought laundry was a pink job?

To minimize the laundry while on the road, Joanne insists that we have a 3 week supply of clothing, sheets, and towels.  That usually means we have to do laundry once while on the road.

We do not have room in the van for a washer and dryer so if we are away from a town other means must be used to do laundry.  See below pic  :'( :'(

Attachments

• P1060450.JPG
    P1060450.JPG
    460.2 KB · Views: 37
Betty,

Trust me, you're not alone!  ::)  Even with the RV washer and dryer and using it frequently for clothes, there are generally numerous loads when we get home for towels, sheets, pillows, rugs, various blankets, and jackets.  If we finish using them along the way, they get washed and stored if reasonable.  There's absolutely no way you can arrive home with everything clean, although I do pretty well with clothes.  It kind of depends on how many seasons we've gone through on a longer trips and what part of the country we've traveled.  Last summer we started with winter linens and clothes and I stored them away somewhere in Texas where we switched to summer clothes and shed the blankets.  OTOH, the year we went to Newfoundland we were in heavier clothes most of the trip.

ArdraF

I can keep up with the whites and darks.  But stuff like dog blankets and beds (for 2 dogs seems like we sure have alot of them), scatter rugs, throw pillows, comforter, bath mats, these all have to wait till we get home.  Too large for my washer/dryer combo.  So, yes when we get home my washer and dryer are going, usually, for a full day.  But in our other MH, we didn't have a washer/dryer and I really hated wasting my time hanging around the laundromat waiting for my laundry.  So love that this MH has one.

Back
Top Bottom