Whistle noise coming from passenger defroster vent area.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keithandlisa

Just as the title says, our 2002 Suncruiser has a whistling noise coming from the defroster vent area on the passenger side at highway speeds. It is not necessarily the defroster causing the noise, that is just where I can hear it the most. Everything under the dash on the outside looks to be in order.  Has anyone encountered this? What did you do to correct it?

We had a 2000 Adventurer with a similar noise that you are describing. I too thought it was coming from the defroster vent.  In our case I found some plastic clips in the bottom window channel on the outside of the passenger window. I don?t know what they were for. There were two or three of them and they were about an inch long. I concluded that they were vibrating in the wind and after I removed them my noise was gone. Hope this helps.

Those "clips" are actually inserted into the window drain holes and are used to eliminate the wind noise from the holes.  We put them on both of the front side windows just because of the wind noise.  If they were loose, probably one of the plastic clips that hold them in was broken.

Mine were apparently broken as you could slide them back and forth and they didn't appear to serve a purpose.

Interesting info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom