Dash Fan Switch / Dash Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itchn2go

Went to gas up yesterday and for a period of time the dash fan would only run with the switch set on the high position. Rotated all the switches,heat, floor etc and nothing worked. I know a loose wire or bad connection sounds like the culprit but I heard a noise like a flapper closing just for a second and then it worked as it is suposed to.

At times when traveling I hear a whiring , brrrrrrrrring noise from the passenger side of the dash...Could this be related? Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help. This forum is my PFD. Personal Fixit Device. BE Safe

This sounds like an issue that was posted a while back.  I checked and my coach was having the same problem.  The switches are vacuum operated that open and close the appropriate flappers to work your dash vents. There is a "L" shaped connector in the front that connects the vacuum hose to the vacuum pump. If the rubber connector dries out and splits, the vent operation will be erratic at best.  However, the fan speed should  be an electric switch.  I would pull it out and check the voltage to the back of the switch. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom