Can't find the Brake control wiring on my 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J workhorse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twentyandout

Hello All!!!

I am in need of some help. Since getting my coach two weeks ago I have been racking my brain & back on trying to find the bunch of wires to connect my Primus Brake controller for my tow dolly. I called the 800 number at Winnebago, very nice people and they told me where to look, left side of steering column under the dash. I have been there numerous times and nothing. I called again and told me to look for a label that would say" trailer brake control". Well you guessed it...nothing.

I dont know what to do anymore. I need to get this wired up so I can pull my tow dolly.

HAs anyone experienced this problem? I am open to all suggestions....

Thank you in advance to all..........

Well a brake controller only has 4 wires if I remember right A hot, ground, one leading to the brake switch, and the one going to the trailer. Not hard at all. The brake controller will only need to be a lighter one for a single or two axle. The hot (positive +) should be on a fuse power source so when you shut off it off so does the power. The ground ( nag - ) connected to a good known ground look under the dash and if you see wires going to medal with several wires running of them that is a good ground. When hocking into the brake switch splice into the wire that has the signal leaving the switch. Put  test light on the switch and see which one light up without stepping on the brake that is not the one you want. You want the one that lights up  when you step on the brake. And the last feeds into the pigtail connecting to the trailer. You can do this yourself it is not hard if you can't locate the plug :) :eek:.   

Back
Top Bottom