1987 Winnebago Chieftain Electrical Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlkilgore

I have a Winnebago Chieftain 27. When the switch is set to work on the house batteries, nothing works. Previously, when I disconnected from electrical, it would automoatically switch to the house batteries. When I set the switch to Dual, lights, refrigerator, water pump, etc. works off of the engine battery. I am thinking there must be a fuse blown on the house batteries, but I don't know where to look for this possibility. Does anyone have other suggestions as to the possibility of the electrical not working on house batteries?

Hi and welcome to The RV Forum!

If you don't get any useful help here, there is a link to a classic Winnebago forum in the Winnie Resources thread near the top of this board.

Take a close look at the condition of the house battery terminals.  Corrosion between the terminal and the wires connected to it can block electrical flow in and out of the batteries.

If there is corrosion, remove the wires from the terminals and clean them with a mixture of baking soda dissolved in water to neutralize the acid.  Be careful not to get any of the baking soda solution inside the battery cells.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom