7710 Gas valve used with older CCI Controls LP Gas Detector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bksilver

After working on my "new" 1989 Southwind, I was having trouble with the gas detector and traced the trouble back to bad corroded connections on the gas valve solenoid. After extensive searches for a replacement (which it ultimately I didn't need), I found that the gas shut off valve was actually manufactured by Goyen Controls of Australia (Model 100 LS-T). This company has sub sequentially been purchased by Tyco Flow Control Pacific (part of the Tyco International Ltd group).
They still make rebuild kits and replacement solenoids for this valve.

Their website address is:
http://www.tycoflowcontrol.com.au/TES_Industrial_and_Pneumatics/products/General_Industrial_Solenoid_Valves?search_domain=S&search_type=pf&search_category=0&q=goyen&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go&siteid=130&pageid=12214&mysource_site_extension=search&new_search=true

Just thought I might share this information with anyone that may be having a similar problem.

Disclaimer:
I would not recommend any "novice" to attempt to repair this valve or work on any electrical systems. As being involved in the fire protection and detection industry for many years, these systems, if not properly repaired by trained technicians could results in potential LIFE SAFETY ISSUES!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom