Window leaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rit

I have a 1984 Dodge Class B that runs well at over 200,000 miles but the rubber around the windows is rotting. This is happening in the cabin and the house area windows. I'm thinking JC Whitney for the Dodge windows but have tried around for the van conversion windows with no success. I'd appreciate any help, including creative fixes. Have thought about foam or finding some caulk that doesn't stick to glass windows, if it exists but haven't found anything.

Hard to guess what type of windows you have in the house area - depends on who did the conversion. Is there a brand name on the windows, e.g. Hehr or SeGi? Might give some clues as to how the window was originally sealed. Typical RV windows are easily removed and resealed with putty tape between the sandwich layers.

Thanks for the reply. The leaks are not coming from the sandwhich area... done that. It's the 'gasket' around the window inside the frame that has deteriorated. One set of windows has Ohio glass that I can make out but the other is too faded. No plate anywhere on the van that tells who made the top either.

Back
Top Bottom