Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geodrake

Moderator Emeritus
We wipe down the shower when we finish to keep it from getting all nasty.  DW thinks a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner would eliminate the work and still keep the shower from becoming scuzzy.  I have serious doubts.  Does anyone have any experience with Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner? 

I've read that they only work for about 6 months before they quit working from wet/gunked up batteries....kind of expensive to only work 6 months. I find just wiping down the RV shower with a microfiber cloth easy and efficient. At home, I use a squeegee (no round corners in the shower). I thought about buying some of that spray-on shower cleaner (Tilex, I think) but think I'll try some of the cheaper make-it-yourself solutions found here.

Wendy

Consumer Reports said it was in the "top 10 gadgets" that were a waste of money...FWIW
Squeegees work great.

We've had ours for about two years without a single problem.  Is it worth it?  It is to us but we still supplement it with occasional elbow grease cleaning.

http://www.rvgoddess.com/LIFESTYLE/Cleaning_the_RV_Shower.aspx

I think dryer sheets just surpassed WD40 and Duct Tape for variety of uses.

aka Porky said:
I think dryer sheets just surpassed WD40 and Duct Tape for variety of uses.

I knew they worked good for cleaning bugs off the front of the coach but now I have even more uses for them ! Will have to pick up another cheap box at the dollar store. Maybe we should add to WD40, Duct Tape, and dryer sheets to make a "top 10" list.

Wendy

Does this mean I can quit using WD40 for cleaning the shower?

Line the shower with duct tape and just remove and replace when it gets dirty.

Tom and Ned, me thinks shower stall maintenance had better remain a pink job in your coaches.

It may be possible to duct tape two dryer sheets together or use wd40 to remove the tape residue, but that's probably where the combined uses end.

On second thought, knowing this crowd, it won't end there ;) :D

Check with your shower maker.. As I recall (without looking, I saved the cling label) Scrubbing  bubbles is one of the products which was mentioned on the cling label of my shower.

What I don't recall was if it was a "USE" or a "DO NOT USE" portion of the label.

And, since your shower and mine may well be different.. I thus advise you to check.

(in fact... I'm not even sure WHICH shower had the label.. House or RV)

John From Detroit said:
Check with your shower maker.. As I recall (without looking, I saved the cling label) Scrubbing  bubbles is one of the products which was mentioned on the cling label of my shower.

What I don't recall was if it was a "USE" or a "DO NOT USE" portion of the label.

And, since your shower and mine may well be different.. I thus advise you to check.

(in fact... I'm not even sure WHICH shower had the label.. House or RV)

You saw it here first, folks.  Ignore this sage advice at your own peril ??? :eek: ::) ;)

Ned:
Is the duck tape to be applied to the shower wall horizontal or vertical for best results?

Jim:
there is an old adage that says when you are up to your elbows in alligators it is difficult to remember that your original intent was to drain the swamp.  I may be wrong but;  I believe you went to the shower to bathe.

And poor George, who started this thread, still doesn't know if he should tell his wife to try the Scrubbing Bubbles or not !

Wendy

geodrake said:
Is the duck tape to be applied to the shower wall horizontal or vertical for best results?

Vertical so the water runs off easier, of course.

Back
Top Bottom