Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy:
It is not a matter of telling her to try it.  In reality she has had one for nearly a year, but I just haven't gotten around to installing it as I have little faith in it.  I was hoping to get some input so that I might decide to either install it or get rid of it.  I'm tired of it setting on top of the washer/dryer.

Jim, you have a point there.  I'm guessing that you will see a lot of change now that Ned has enlightened us.

[quote author=aka Porky]... me thinks shower stall maintenance had better remain a pink job in your coaches.[/quote]

Agreed Lou, and one way I ensure that is to be first in the shower.

Anybody tried a Roomba in the shower?  How does it do on the walls?

If anyone has tried this (Roomba) and got it to work, it would be Russ.

As to use or not use scrubbing bubbles, teh dispenser sprays a mist, the other stuff is a bit more abrasive. My daughter has one in her tiled shower stall, I thought it was a soap dispenser and hit the button.  I was surprised.  I do know it doesn't sting anything important.  (made sure I got all those letters), 

Anyway, once you install it, don't hit the button till you are out of the shower.

I've had one in the shower for..about a year and half.  It works great. It comes with a hook, so it can hang on the pipe for the shower head. The biggest issue it to keep it stable while driving.  It will swing back and forth pretty good and mar the surface of the shower stall. Once it's been installed it has to stay hanging up, or it will leak all over.

We bought our MH used. And tried every product on the market to get the bathtub clean to no avail. After 2 weeks with the shower cleaner it was sparkly clean.  I think it works great. 

I think it's cheaper, easier to use, and less work than duct tape would be.

Ned:  The Roomba is a vacuum, so it's not what would work well.  What you want to try is the Scooba, but that can't climb walls either......Yet!

Daisy

I'm sure the next Scooba will have climbing abilities :)

I've always used the regular Scrubbing Bubbles when cleaning the shower and it does a great job.  However, that's when we have the drain hose attached and I am immediately getting it rinsed out of the tank.  I'm wondering if we would want the residue to go into the gray tank and sit there if we don't have the hose out to drain it.

Also, Barb's certainly correct about the swinging action making marks on the wall.  I don't have anything like that in the shower but I've had to move a few other things elsewhere because of marking.

ArdraF

Don't sell the duct tape short...  One can always use it to fasten the swinging bottle  against the shower wall.
Surely that will prevent marking your shower walls. Problem solved...  ;)

carson

carson said:
Don't sell the duct tape short...  One can always use it to fasten the swinging bottle  against the shower wall.
Surely that will prevent marking your shower walls. Problem solved...  ;)

carson

Until the duct tape leaves marks on the shower walls :)

Us rednecks use the outside shower so we don't have to clean it, and we reserve the inside shower for icing down the beer.

We have a local TV station in our area that will do a product evaluation. The Lady News Anchor did a blurb about the "Scrubbing Bubbles" product and the bottom line was...."Save your money" as the product did not do what it was advertised to do. We use a product (at home and in the RV) from Arm & Hammer called "Clean Shower" and it seems to work well as I have not had  the black stuff and the discoloration of the tile grout at home. I Would normally replace the caulking and really scrub the grout every couple years and since using this product its been two years and there is no black stuff although I still occasionally scrub the grout..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom