Zero gravity recliners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't use the Ekornes outdoors. When we looked at the Lafuma, we weren't looking at it for outdoors use either. Do they make an outdoors version?

Tom said:
We don't use the Ekornes outdoors. When we looked at the Lafuma, we weren't looking at it for outdoors use either. Do they make an outdoors version?

Look at this site... http://www.lafumafurniture.com/home.jsp ... and those outdoor reclining chairs shown on their index page are the style I'm referring to and asking about in this thread.  Some of the other leather versions shown above look really nice, but not exactly what I'm in the market for.

Ah thanks Scott. I thought we were talking about the Lafuma that Ned uses at his desk.

Sorry, I forgot the tongue in cheek :)  I don't take my Lafer outdoors either.  My desk chair is from Office Depot and it doesn't go outdoors either.  The Lafumas don't come indoors.

^^ Those would be the ones!  I like the $49.99 price, but not the $28.00 shipping.  :p  Maybe there's an online discount code I can find somewhere.  The only brick-and-mortar Cabela's around Illinois are Chicago and St. Louis, and I'm pretty much right in between and 2 hours from both.

Tom,
The Ekornes Stressless people are offering a free  table  when you order a recliner. One is the little round one suitable for a drink (coffee, etc) and the other is a table that is suitable for a lap top. Both  tables swing down out of the way when not in use.The laptop table has various adjustments for height and tilt.  The salesman told us that the Stressless recliners don't go on sale but they do offer a free table (buyers choice) to sweeten the deal. The computer table is a $450 accessory. 8)

Codger

It was a while ago, but when we bought our Ekornes, it was around Memorial Day and the dealer was having it's annual Memorial Day sale. We saved about $2-300 off the list price of the chair and got the computer table thrown in also (it was only around $250 back then). :)

I don't recall what we paid for the Ekornes, but the free small round table was part of the deal. The dealer didn't have any of the tables in stock, but it showed up on our doorstep after we arrived home. That was several years ago, but, we've never used the table.

We bought a LaFuma for a friend of ours that had a couple of tumors in his lower back. He took it everywhere for over a year before he passed away.
He said he could not have went if he would have had to sit in any other chair. He did have one problem with it however, he was always having
to run someone out of it whenever he would have to get up for some reason.

Dave 
Currently in Bandera TX.

Sorry for bumping...just my two cents...
We have one, but it is not the most heavily used piece of furniture in the house. It's in the study, so that one of us can be reading while the other is on the Internet or doing desk work, i.e., we can still be in the same room for conversation. Although it's one of the less expensive models, it is wonderfully comfortable.

The main price differences are due to the amount of padding from one model to another, and the grade of leather in which you choose to have it finished. Also, some have attached headrests or headrest pillows. Unless the manufacturing policy has changed, some (all?) models are also available in microfiber cloth upholstery rather than leather.

One of the main advantages of the product line is that most of the models come in a choice of sizes, so that it's possible to match the model to the size of the person most likely to be using it. For example, the Diplomat, Consul, and Ambassador https://10restbest.com/best-zero-gravity-chair --still the least expensive models, I think--are all the same shape and have the same stitch pattern on the upholstery but are different sizes of the same chair for different sizes of bodies. . . . If multiple people will be sharing a single chair, however, it is generally best to pick the size appropriate to the largest person, i.e., largest basic body frame size. My wife is petite but still quite comfortable using the larger Ambassador.

If searching online, Stressless is the U.S. product marketing name, but also look for "Ekornes" (Eh-kor-ness), the name of the Norwegian manufacturer. They do have occasional national sales, but not on any predictable schedule, or at least none whose timing I've been able to figure out.

We bought our chair from Recliner Store, the online name of a furniture store in central Massachusetts. I usually try to "shop local" and would have been glad to buy it from a local furniture store with whom we'd done business for years, but they would charge a $65 fee to transport it three miles to our house, whereas the place in Massachusetts offered free delivery.

I picked a broken one up out of a campsite after some guy left it when I was hosting year before last.  Dragged it back to my RV and replaced the broken cords with some plastic clothesline.  I love it.  I've gotten almost 3 years use out of it, and when it finally falls apart, I'll be buying one.

there is a tv show called Ship Shape Tv and they demonstrate all kinds of materials that hold up under all kind of weather and salt water conditions and their best rated material for canopies for boats was the Sunbrella that hold up best in sun and weather contitions. we bought two of the zero gravity recliners from Sams Club because they were made of that material and they still look new after 2 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom