Just about Done! with the 1991 Aluma Lite Motorhome

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

Only a few things left to do.  We intend to run up to Tom's friend Saturday for a party and stay all night if it runs good, its only 125 miles each way and another friend is going to go from down here possibly with his RV.  That way if we breakdown we won't be totally stranded.  Hope they go too, just in case.  But whatever, there are always towing places if we need it.

Tomorrow he is taking the outside wheel off to get to the 2nd tire and air them up and put on an extension and check the date, he couldn't see that one.  Put the ladder on the back we took off for the fiberglass repair.  Do the inside of the step and trim it.  As far as we know that's it.

I have the bottom and top trim for that window, so putting it on and the curtains up.  Will have to search the net for those 2 side pieces and order them, but it won't be noticeable till I can find them

So here is how it looks now.

Attachments

• Almost there 001.JPG
    Almost there 001.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 151
  • Almost there 002.JPG
    Almost there 002.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Almost there 003.JPG
    Almost there 003.JPG
    411.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Almost there 004.JPG
    Almost there 004.JPG
    427.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Almost there 005.JPG
    Almost there 005.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Almost there 006.JPG
    Almost there 006.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Almost there 007.JPG
    Almost there 007.JPG
    378.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Almost there 008.JPG
    Almost there 008.JPG
    379.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Almost there 009.JPG
    Almost there 009.JPG
    456 KB · Views: 107
  • Almost there 010.JPG
    Almost there 010.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 134
I'm not sure I like the little table.  Originally thought about running the couch all the way across.  Maybe a spindle down the side would help.  We needed to cover the marks from the table top that was mounted there before, it left stuff we couldn't get off so this was partially the reason for doing it.  Oh well, he has worked so hard trying to get it all finished I won't say anything and will learn to love it.  Perhaps it will grow on me. 

You guys have done an absolutely amazing job.  You should be very proud of yourselves.  Enjoy your weekend of camping and good luck !!!

Ruth

Thanks all.  We drove about 70 miles again to see how it did, this time with the AC on, no overheating or anything, hubby drove, way faster then I will and it was fine.  Step worked, starts just fine now, he said it was the starter dragging so fixed that.  I don't think I will worry about going places.  However, I understand its old, got a lot of miles on it and things break, so if I go with that expectation I won't be surprised.

I told DD now all we need is a pile of cash for fuel :eek: and we can do whatever!!

So pretty much the end of our remodeling saga.  Lordie, now I've got to get busy, catch up on housecleaning, weedeating, gardening, cleaning the chicken house, and all the other stuff that has been neglected with just bare minimums done.

Nice Job!  You both have a lot to be proud of.  What a great team, to be able to work so efficiently together. 
No go out there and have fun lady.  You've earned it big time.... ;)

Daisy

PatrioticStabilist said:
I'm not sure I like the little table.
Enclose the area under the table and make a storage cubby. Looks very good. I like the uphostery work on the love seat.
J

Good Idea

Those are the original curtains, all of them and couch covering I think for the motorhome, did not have to replace any of that.  Laundered all the cushion covers.  I washed and resewed most of the stitching on the curtains.

It looks great and you both have been an inspiration to me.  I will miss the progress reports.  I wish you and dd a great travel time together.

Daughter is ready to go. 8) She said she is moving in.  She moved her computer and a couple of bags of stuff out there tonight.  Took her bath out there after dad turned on the water heater and wanted me to serve her dinner in the motorhome, I said whoa that's far enough oh daughter of mine.

We are making a quick trip Sat to a friends birthday party.  He has 125 acres so a place to park also, coming back Sunday.

We will wait till her dad leaves and then we are taking off.  Have to get new rods and reels and fishing licenses, tackle box needs gone through.  Been a long time since we've fished.  (By the way hubby does not like to fish :( so she and I will just do our thing).  Mom taught me how to clean fish a long long long time ago.  I remember watching dad clean turtles when he could get one, but not sure I could do that, plus man do they stink. 

Tom fixed the wheel covers, he said they used every odd and end bolt on them, he did them all alike and taped the edge of the center hubs to reduce rattle if they came loose some.  Got a hydraulic jack, a lug wrench. This is a truck style with a bar.  He said I could likely change it if I was somewhere there was no one to help.  I know how to change a tire.  I told him I could never lift it.  He said just roll it up the steps and put it inside if I had too.  Like he said most of the time I will be somewhere I can call for help or some good samaritan will help, but they didn't even have that stuff with it.  Think he said the lug wrench was $50, ouch. Hope I don't have to use it. Have a GPS and he is putting in a CB radio next week for us.  He wants to make sure we are ok.  Also my mobile phone and probably 2 computers, are we wired? A quart of  oil and a 1500 amp battery jumper and a small tool box of tools.  He is a sweetie.

Back
Top Bottom