Front mounted receiver hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakes

I have a 2004 29ft  Class C  on a E 450 Ford , I'm considering mounting a receiver hitch on the front to carry my 300 lb motor cycle. I've scaled the motorhome, loaded as we normally travel, the front weighs 3720,  GVWR front is 4600. Total on motor home is 12540, GVWR is 14050. I don't think weight is a problem, handling I'm not so sure about. Has anyone installed a carrier on the front, if soooooo, how's it working out?

A trailer or rear mounted is not an option as we pull a boat. I can't seam to get all the toys where I need them, LOL.

Thanks, Jakes

Jakes - what model Winnie do you have?  We might need to move this post to another more appropriate board - I'll leave it here for a while though.

John, I have a model 29B Winnebago Minnie, Ford E450 V10.
Jakes

Hi Jakes,

Not sure if this would be applicable for the front but when in doubt you can always give Hidden Hitch or alike a call to see what they have; http://www.hitchesonline.com/rv_hitch.htm

I have seen motorcycles set up on the front of Kodiaks a couple of times but someone else would be better to verify your setup. Probably the most loaded setup, (talking about wanting to take all your toys), was a Kodiak with motorcycle on front, towing a 5ver which was towing a loaded car (full of junk) with a bike rack holding 4 bicycles and lets not forget the hard cargo carriers on both the truck and the towed car  :eek:. Now that's bringing all your toys!

Please let the class know what you come up with.
Good luck, Dar

Dar, Thanks for the information on hitches online, checked the site out, looks like they may well have what I need. Sent them an e mail.
In our travels we have seen a number of set ups, motor home with a double decker trailer, (car and boat on top) 5th wheels pulling boats, also saw a fella on the road that had taken a cj5 Jeep and added a cabover camper with a single axle under the cabover.
In conversations with my Wife about my "problem" she mentioned that the rail roads solved this long ago. I'm not sure she understands how important toys are.
Again, thanks for the help.
Jakes

Back
Top Bottom