Not RV but gardening

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

Here is a picture of my garden and my orange tree.  Look closely at the tree, has a thousand blossoms I bet.  Also grapes setting on and peaches this year.

Attachments

• Garden 001.JPG
    Garden 001.JPG
    712.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Garden 002.JPG
    Garden 002.JPG
    664 KB · Views: 26
  • Garden 003.JPG
    Garden 003.JPG
    719.3 KB · Views: 23
Don't know where you live but, here in Florida, the orange blossoms are in bloom and, when riding the motorcycle, can be over powering. Sure signs of spring in the air!

About 20 to 30 miles north of Houston

Was late getting garden out this year, usually the end of Feb, was in March.  The summers get so hot it has to be out early.

I have to mow and weedeat around it then till, got behind working on motorhome.  Then hubby will help me this year and we will put soaker hoses down all the rows.  I fixed up 2 manifolds that will each support 4 hoses and I can water one row at a time 4 or all of them, though we have well water and the pressure can get low with 6 hoses on, so I usually do 2 at a time.  Used to be I didn't have to do this, the last 2 or 3 years its been so hot and dry, without supplemental watering garden dies.

I have 2 cherry trees to plant, not sure where to plant yet.

I have 1 apple, another year or two before it fruits, a dwarf orange, 2 peach trees, an avocado, been out 3 years, the cold weather made it grow.  an apricot, uncertain about it.  Lost my grapefruit tree and maybe the nectarine.  Have out 6 grapevines, 3 are finally fruiting this year, 3 are just out.

I hope to get grapes, want to make grape jelly.  One day my peaches were ripe on the small tree last year over 3 dozen.  Went out the next morning, squirrels ate all of them but one. Hope they got sick. Going to try bird netting this year.

Back
Top Bottom