Garmin City Navigator pricing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

I was just perusing the Garmin software update site and happened to notice that Garmin has cut it's price for the City Navigator 7.0 North American DVD to $75. That's half of what it was a month ago. I have a claim in to Garmin for a refund of my overpayment. That has about as much chance as Garmin having everything on the mapset correct ;D

I noticed that too. ?Let us know what they say, if anything.

I don't know if this helps any of you but if you haven't registered your GPS with Garmin yet, you can get a free upgrade.  Their rules state that if an update come out BEFORE your GPS is registered, then you're entitled toa free upgrade after you register.  I just installed version 7 on mine and got the unlock code for free after I registered.  (Glad I didn't register when I first got the unit!)

Karl,

You can update directly to ver. 7, you don't have to install ver. 6 first.

Karl said:
Ned,
Thanks; that's good to know. Now if someone can tell us if it's worth upgrading from 5 to 7.

Frankly speaking IMHO Garmin has yet to release a version of City Nav that was worth a darn.  Given that they are so confident in their customers satisfaction with it they will not offer satisfaction guarantee I recommend taking a wait and see position.  I was not favorably impreseed with any of the City Nav versions so far through ver 6  and ver 6 IMHO was not any better than Ver 5.  I still find my old Metroguide Ver 4.01 to be more correct than City Nav in many cases.

I like the Garmin just wish they would get their act back together with the routable mapping SW.  They had a good thing going with Metro Guide.

Karl,

We can compare if you like, I have ver. 7 on my 2620.

7 Home Depots within 50 miles of Sheboygan, closest is 31 miles.

One good reason to upgrade from V5 to V7 is that numerous interstates have had their exits renumbered since V5 came out. Maine even changed which road is designated I-95, which means that V5 directs you onto roads labeled I295 when you want to be on I95 (or vice versa).

Not having seen ver 7 but based on previous experience I doubt very much that ver 7 will reflect many of the exit changes.? Maybe ver 9 or 10.? Ver 6 doen't even have the roads north of TC? in Michigan straight and they haven't changed in years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom