Trouble shooting solar controller/battery meter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callover007

I have a Solaris controller and don't believe it is working. The green light shows on but the low, full, and charging do not work. If I press the button toshow charging amps it stay at 0 amps. Starting at the panel and tracing the wires how it it hooked up. Solar to battery? Any thing, like fuse or connector in between? How many fuses? If I pull cover off meter what wires should I check. Where would the actual controller be. Is it the box on the wall? Appreciate any help on figuring this problem out.

Frank

Solaris Technology apparently is an Australian company, but I can find little information about their products on the net.  Nothing that helps you, at any rate.

I doubt if there is a fuse in the output of the panel - the controller is supposed to regulate the output. Fuses are normally located on the demand side, i.e. where the power drawing device/circuit ataches to the power source.  And if a fuse were blown, your "green light" would probably not show.  What does this green light indicate?  Just an "on" condition? It may just indicate a valid circuit.

It sounds as though the panel is not producing any power (could be an internal fault) or is not connected to the controller. Just a guess - I am not familiar with the Solaris controller.

Thanks Gary,

Could not find a good site for solaris either. Guess I'll go up on roof and check downard.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom