Florida to Yellowstone via Virginia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Left on Wednesday morning. Weds eve we stayed at a Camp WallyWorld.  Near us was this trailer, being towed by a small gas class A.  The PT Cruiser was out dor the night.  Upon careful inspection I still have no idea how they do it.  OK. a double boat hand crank winch up font, but nothing at the back.  This is obvious homebrew, and little of the above must be handy to have while loading.  Of course, he may just use a deep water launch ramp.

Attachments

• IMG_7851.jpg
    IMG_7851.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 63
I'll post some of the intereting shots I get along the trip.  One I missed was the morning we left.  A Brave towing a 30 enclosed car hauler with a Jeep Patriot inside.  It was OK cuz he has a 12" 12,000 lb capacity stinger on his 5,000 pound hitch.  Says he does it all the time.

Hi Bill

Safe travels. i was reading on another post where you were giving Yellowstone info. Are you a campground host there and if so where? Just curious because I was a Park Ranger there for 5 years. I'll be in the Tetons (Colter Bay) this summer. I start mt westerly trek on May 2nd.
Chris

Hey Chris, My husband's a retired NPS ranger. Never did Yellowstone or Tetons but did do Death Valley, Everglades and Hovenweep among others. I worked as a volunteer at the parks where he worked. It's a grand life.

Wendy

Very cool wendy  ;D It is a grand way of life. I'm only seasonal (too old for perm) so I enjoy the transient lifestyle. That's why I bought an RV. I'm thinking of going to Death Valley next winter. I have friends that worked there and say it's a pretty cool place. I've only been once, just passing through.

Mike wasn't too young when he first started as a ranger. Started as seasonal which we loved (lived in a 35-foot 5th wheel) but when they offered him a permanent job, the extra benefits were just too good to pass up (health and retirement....who could refuse?).

Death Valley is a very cool place. We still visit often and did a stint as campground hosts there a couple of years ago. We plan on an extended visit there next February. Perhaps we'll cross paths? Keep DEVA in mind as a winter seasonal park....usually a lot of good opportunities there.

Bet we have lots of friends in common....that's the way the park service works.

Happy travels
Wendy

We work for Yellowstone Association in the Visitor Center bookstores.  Have many ranger friends, some do Death Valley in the winter, others went to Badlands, Everglades etc.  If you are in Tetons, maybe oneo of the times off we can hook up for a coffee or something.

Back
Top Bottom