Yosemite, Lower Pines, Services?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taoshum

I searched on Yosemite, looking for information about services... wifi, cell phones, etc, etc but found nothing.

We are planning to be there for five days in Mid May, we had no idea how difficult it is to get reservations but did manage to get a few days in the park with no electric, Lower Pines, I think it is called.  I expect lots of traffic but how early should we plan to arrive at the entrance?

Could someone familiar with it indulge us and prepare us so we know what to expect?  We will appreciate it and read every word!

For instance, is there wifi, maybe at one of the lodges?  Do cell phones work?  Are there pay phones?  Is it ok to run the generator to charge the batteries?  Is there a time that is considered ok to run the generator?  Not to run the generator?

We are taking bicycles, thinking that bicycles would be a easy way to get around compared to driving the Jeep... are we on track?  Is bicycle theft a problem if you leave it chained at a trail head?  or a lodge for dinner?

Dogs are allowed but there are lots of restrictions... reasonable...  but is there a place to take them for some exercise?

Thanks for any comments, hints, suggestions, protocols, hikes for geezers, etc.  Gary and Coleen.

Dogs on lead anywhere in CG or paved roads ~ restricted from trails.  Yes pay phones ~ not sure wi-fi may be by now. ~ Cell phones really questionable - new svc changing all the time.  Used to get reception with old analog 'brick' cell phone but digital iffy.  AS far as I know there are no 'elec' site (or any hook-up)  anywhere in park.  CG's do have dump sta.  Great place for bikes ~~ also good free 'shuttle' svc.  Bus about every 15min.  Generators very sparingly.  Used to be 7A-7P but they have 'adjusted' it.  GAS UP BEFORE COMING IN.

Did not camp Yos in 2009 usually 2-3 times a year ~~ Did make a couple of day trips ~~ but no computer and no need to try cell phone.

TakeCare  ~~  TravelSafe  ~~  HaveFun  ~~  Kate

Go to nps.gov/yose to get info on the park. The section titled "Things to Know Before You Come" has info on internet access and on pets. Explore the website....there's lots of good info there.

You might take the hairy kids outside the park, into the national forest, to get them some good exercise but be careful...this is bear country.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom