Years since I've been fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

I was going to buy new rods and reels, but went out in my shed and found mine.  Apparently I had greased them before they were left out there or oiled them.  They are really dirty but I'm cleaning them up and they seem no worse for the time setting.  I am restringing the lines as they could be rotten.  It's been so long since I've been fishing can't even remember when??

I have  Daiwa, South Bend, and Shakespeare reels, not sure of the poles but I bought these last time I went.

Now to get the tackle box out and see what kind of shape that stuff is in.

Grease sounds a bit heavy for the reels. I'd use reel lube.

I've been dusting off my fly fishing tackle for our upcoming trip to the UK.

I'm sure it was reel oil, but its a good thing I did it, otherwise they might have been ruined.  There isn't any rust or anything on them just lots of heavy dust.  It's been so long wonder if I can even cast out.  I got 2 of them cleaned up and restrung, so they are looking good.  I don't know anything about fly casting.  I'm just kind of an old cane pole person that sorta graduated to reels.

I was in Ireland a few years back and I bet there was good fishing there, everything looked so clean.  We saw swans swimming down this one stream in town even and you could see the bottom the water was so clear.  It was a gorgeous country.  Wouldn't mind living there, well I say that but they said the 2 weeks we were there was one of the rare times it wasn't raining all the time.  It was beautiful.

My husband doesn't like to fish, Sue Anne loves to.  I think if we get down to the coast we may go deep sea fishing, never done that.  She would have such a good time if she caught something.  The look on her face is priceless.  She was catching crayfish the other night, she hadn't done that before and the concentration was just hilarious.  I have a lot of fun through her.

I got 2 of them cleaned up and restrung...

Are these tennis rackets? I thought we were talking about fishing.

I don't know anything about fly casting.

Well, you just have to come an RV Forum rally so we can teach you how to fly cast. Here are a couple of photos from a long-ago rally where Tom and Margi Binninger learned to cast a fly:

Tom  Margi

They're now fly fishing experts, known throughout Northern California.

Tom said:
They're now fly fishing experts, known throughout Northern California.

B.S. Alert !!!  You're such a kidder, Tom.  :D :D :D  If only it were true.  ;)

Margi

No BS Margi. I've read some of your fish/catch reports!

I am not a fisherman. First, my brother got all the family talent for it. Secondly, I don?t do the sport because it isn?t called catching.  Normally, I couldn?t catch a fish out from a 55 gallon barrel full of fish that had not eaten in a week.

But this past week, I took my used Goodwill special rod and reel to the trout stream and caught the limit. I called the Guinness Book of Records, entered my name, and then put the equipment away for another decade.

I know my limits. Anyone care to fish for golf balls.  :)

I know my limits. Anyone care to fish for golf balls.

Are they ( Golf Balls )  good to eat........................................... ;D

Stones Fan
edit: fixed quote.

Back
Top Bottom