rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Refurbished  (Read 4076 times)

codgerbill

• ---
Refurbished
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »
We just recently had the flooring and furniture replaces in our coach. We took the coach to Elkhart Service & Collision (Part of Blue  Sky RV) in Elkhart Indiana. The technicians from Elkhart Service and Collision installed the new carpeting and tile. We bought the furniture from Brad & Hall (also in Elkhart) and the technicians from Elkhart Service installed them. I must give kudos's to the Technicians at Elkhart Service & Collision for the very professional job they did. The finished product exceeded our expectations and Mike Miller (our Elkhart Service & Collision rep) kept in touch and gave us regular progress reports. The people at Brad & Hall were terrific to deal with too. All in all it a very positive experience. I have included some before and after photos too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:51:48 AM by codgerbill »
2005 Itsca Suncruiser 37b
Banks Powerpack
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4 Dr
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

Wizard46

• ---
Re: Refurbished
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
WOW, great job. Enjoy. ;D
Jerry & Patsy Potter, Taz & Jake Jr.
2000 Winnebago Journey
2006 Ford Explorer 4X4
Home: Milledgeville Ga.

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »
Very nice, is that sheet vinyl? 
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 04:43:04 PM »
Ernie,
The flooring is a laminate.  It comes in (I think 36" X 15" squares and interlocks together. They did not leave it free floating but rather cemented it down. . The DW picked out all the colors (Carpet, tile, Furniture, etc).The guys for the most part formerly worked for (I think) country coach for a lot of years. They are a part of Blue Sky RV. and do almost anything regarding RV's.  They have pictures on their website of completely rebuilding a almost burned out shell of a motor home. I looked at the pictures of your work and really liked the quality and the care you take to install it. Unfortunately you are too far away for us. :(  My next project will be the TV and the kitchen counter(as soon as I win the lotto that is...)  ;D
2005 Itsca Suncruiser 37b
Banks Powerpack
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4 Dr
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

PatrioticStabilist

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »
That's beautiful. I love the leather couches, just to pretty. I can tell you, if we ever put new flooring in another one I'm using something like that.  That laminate beat us up getting it in.

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
I like the tongue and groove products. Sometimes to achieve a real tight fit up against the wall, I have to cut the tongue off or the lower part of the groove. I try not to use any shoe moulding in my work.
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net