03 Bounder Slide problem - barely goes out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvleemin

Hi,
I have 03 bounder 35r with two slides. We recently came back from a trip and had problems with the slides - especially the bedroom one. What was happening was that the bedroom slide would not go out all the way some times. It open really slow, and would stop about 6" from where it should be. Putting some manual effort into it some times we were able to get it out all the way. When putting the slide back in, some times we'd need to have someone pushing from the outside. The main slide also seems really slow, and barely comes in and out as well.

So some questions:
1) what maintenance should I be doing on the slide - we just bought this and I have no idea what maintenance has been done
2) How do I get at the bedroom slide mechanics? Unlike the main slide, I don't see any access from below.
3) What we do typically is park, level as best possible with the jacks, keep the engine running and then push out the slides. Is this correct?
4) Any ideas what would be causing this?

Thanks,

Darryl

Darryl,
        What shape are your coach batteries in? The manual for my coach mentions that if the coach batteries are weak the slides may not work properly. I would have them checked seeing the age of the coach is 2003. As to the operation of the slide out. My manual says to have key in the off position with parking brake on and batteries fully charged.  This may only pertain to my coach but maybe to all.  Then proceed with extension of slideouts.

Bill

Hi,
I only have a single battery for the coach, and its in good shape.  With the coach engine running, I would expect that the alternator would provide enough power regardless of the coach batter.

That does bring up a question though - Do the slide motors run off of the coach or house batteries?

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom