1990 P30 Bendex Brake calipers wont come off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

100wflyingvtube

I am trying to do a brake Job i can not remove the calipers there are Bendix  i have remove the 1/4 Allen and try-ed to remove the thing in there with a punch it would not budge now i have try ed to use a air impact chisel i ground to a flat punch still wont budge  any help would be great thank you

A large C- clamp is used to depress the piston into the bore, no grinding is needed. what did you grind, the spacer in the bolt hole? After you press the piston, wiggle the caliper off.
J

100wflyingvtube said:
I am trying to do a brake Job i can not remove the calipers there are Bendix  i have remove the 1/4 Allen and try-ed to remove the thing in there with a punch it would not budge now i have try ed to use a air impact chisel i ground to a flat punch still wont budge  any help would be great thank you

If I am reading this correct, you have removed the allen head retaining bolt but can not get the pin ( flat metal bar piece ) to slide out. There is a spring ( more like a retainer ) that presses down on that piece. Spray the whole area with liquid wrench and try hitting around the area with a ball-peen hammer to loosen up the rust. Once that pin starts to move it will come out pretty easy. I had the same trouble getting it started to move.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom