2000 winnie brave se heating question and suspension question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curlyjoe53

ok so just bought our first rv ever,  due to problems with brakes had to give it up same day we took possesion so walk around  and system chk not freah in our heads, read the owners manual about heater got it to work but 2 questions 1, can u run this while driving ,manual is silent on this and 2, on my thermastat, on/off is to left then I have a low-high on bottom right side and same just above then to right of this, thermastat. do I use the upper set of fan settings or lower ones.  manual has completly different diagram from my set up....thanks so much

on suspension when I drive above 30 mph rig sways a bit when small steering inputs put into steering wheel. I have the 31 foot 14.800 gvw chassis. can I buy a anti sway bar for this thing or are shocks bad, rig has 27000 miles and is 10 years old. trucks I drive don't sway like this at all,  thanks  cj    ps sorry about any spelling issues

On the chassis, the first thing I would look at is the sway bar bushings. If they are cracked and chipped, replace then maybe look at shocks. New and larger swaybars are availabe and not that expensive.

Is the chassis Ford or Chevy? Engine will tell you which - 454 for the Chevy and 460 for the Ford. Both have  variety of things that can be done to improve the handling, but need to know which you have.

Yes you can run the furnace while driving, but sometimes the gas flame blows out. That's not a safety problem - there are gas flow interlocks for that situation - but you may get cold. What make and model of furnace is it - Atwood or Suburban?

A picture of your  thermostat might  help. I'm having difficulty imagining what it looks like.

engine is chevy vortec, with 3 speed auto tranny with overdrive, will look at the furnace,  thanks so much,  cj

OK, on the Workhorse (Chevy engine) chassis, you have an independent front suspension with air bags inside of coil springs. First make sure the air bags are holding air at around 50-60 psi. Then get the coach weighed front & rear to get axle weights (or more preferably, each wheel weight) and look up your tires in the tire manufacturers load/inflation tables and set the tire pressure 5-10 psi over the minimum necessary for the tire load.  If you only have axle weights, divide by 2 and add about 5-7% of the total axle weight to that to allow for an axle that is heavier on one end than the other (quite common). Use that as the tire load.  Front and rear axles will probably be different pressures.

Check the existing sway bar bushings as Wizard46 suggested - that is a common failure too.

gary thanks thats alot to do!!  will print out and take to my mechanic.  been driving here and there while we set it up and stock it with our goodies,  loaded water in today with chlorine to clean lines. got  all the faucets and toilet to work but inside shower wont work. I'm thinking a sensor or somthing along those lines it seems to want to make a connection but just dosn't make it. every day is a new discovery.

best part is I took my 10 year old for a ride today just him and me, he was dancing to the music "dusty springfield" then sat in th copilots chair and we just talked......  as cool as it gets bro......peace out to all,      cj

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom