Which air bags????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capt_joe

I'm considering installing air bags on my 06 2500 CTD.

Which is best????

Firestone / Air Lift

Why??

Thanks

I have Firestone Ride-Rites under my truck, had them for almost 4 years and I have never had any problems with them.  The reason that I went with the Firestones is because our tandem and quad axle dump trucks have Firestone bags under them and also about 98-99% of the other rigs on the road.  So I figured if Firestone can make bags that will hold up to semis, dump trucks, ect, they will hold up to what I am going to put them through.

I went with air lift because they have a lifetime warranty and the Firestones don't.

I'm sure they are both great air bags.

I put on the Firestone Ride Rite air bags.  When installing, I new I was in trouble when the instructions made a big deal about the easy install connectors.  I don't want easy install, I want it not to leak.  So now, every morning before I take off, I drag out the compressor to fill the leaked down bags.

fred42 said:
I put on the Firestone Ride Rite air bags.  When installing, I new I was in trouble when the instructions made a big deal about the easy install connectors.  I don't want easy install, I want it not to leak.  So now, every morning before I take off, I drag out the compressor to fill the leaked down bags.

Both systems come with the same fittings for "consumer" applications, so you will get the same quick fit hardware with both.  With a little patience and by cutting the air lines cleanly, you can get a good fit.  I tested my installation with soapy water, found the rough spots, refit, and have had a leak free system since.  I only lose about 1-2 lbs per month.

I will be installing a air control system later this year so I can make on the fly adjustments.

I first installed the air-lift and had a lot of leaks. Called tech support and they offered to sell me more line and connections. I sent them back the next day and ordered the Firestones. Same type of install but no air leaks and maybe have to add one pound a month. Both bags seemed the same but the lines and TECH Support was night and day difference. This was just my experience I am sure others have had just the opposite. Good luck which every way you go.

Back
Top Bottom