Ottawa to Nova scotia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrianM

Hello to all. I have just registered with this site and it seems to have a ton of information. I have searched the threads and I would still like some additional information.

We are planning a 2 week trip from Ottawa Ontario to Nova Scotia, PEI area.  We have a 12' pop up and this is our first real trip with it. We are a family of 4 with 2 boys , 13 and 10, and we are looking for camp ground information or recommendations that will keep the kids busy and still have some of the comforts for us old folks.  We are not really tied to any schedule and would like to sort of set down roots for a few days and do day trips to various attractions.  We want to do the Cabot trail and see the bay of Fundy and spend some time around Cavendish so we will be covering a bit of ground but we are flexible with our timing. Any help with park names would be most helpful.

Thanks,  Brian

I have not been to Nova Scotia in a while but we used to go to Parrsboro and stay at the Ottawa House, which was an old rooming house across the harbor from the town.  My sister was there a couple years ago and told me it is now a museum and that there were several campgrounds around the area that looked nice.  It is a great place to see the big tides as it sits right on Minas Basin.  Sorry I do not know the names of the campgrounds but the area is beautiful.

PEI and Nova Scotia are just eye candy at every turn of the road, we have a few posters from the Maritimes I will let them give campground advice as I have traveled by car and boat. The one thing I will tell you is plan on traveling much less than you think is reasonable. With just so much to see some days we do not make 100 miles. Truly a wonder of the North American Continent. Go slow and enjoy it all,
Jim

Unfortunately our camping with wee ones is long since past.  However, I do know there are lots of campgrounds that cater to family needs.  I would suggest that you google the provincial Tourism sites and order in respective brochures.  The National and Provincial Parks in all 3 NB, NS & PEI offer a great place to start.  2 weeks is really not long enough to see much of the Maritimes, you might do best by picking one or 2 locations, and come back next year for a couple of more, otherwise you will spend too much time driving.  Look over the info and ask questions and we will gladly answer.

The Provinces will send you great maps, tourism brochures, etc.  You can order them from their web sites.  The tourism booklets are generally quite good and arranged geographically with pretty thorough information.  Also ask for a listing of the provincial parks for each province.  The Trailer Life Campground Directory includes Canada so you can find nightly stops.  It's a beautiful area and you're going to have a great time!

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom