Ford Stock Brake Controller - Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aligale

This is my last resort to get an answer to my question, so if anyone knows please help.
I just bought a 2010 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31N. It is on a E-450 chasis. I am trying to find out where I connect a brake controller to or if I can at all. I believe I have located the connector for the stock Ford brake controller, but can I buy an of the shelf controller and a harness to plug into this connector? If not and I have to buy the Ford controller do I need the message center interface with it like it describes in the owner manual? or is that just a nicety?

I don't know if Ford switched anything from what they did for years and years, there is a possibility that Ford may have switched things during the latest update in models, but the connector under the dash should be grey in color and be roughly 3/4"X3/4" and was usually in the center under the radio and heater controls. Or atleast that is what the connector used to be and where it was placed .  You can buy a pig tail that plugs into the connector from any Ford dealer or alot of places on the web sell them also, and you can wire it up to any off the shelf electric brake controller.

The connector that I found is for the Ford brake controller and is different than any connector I have seen for of the shelf wire harnesses. I would like to get the Ford integrated brake controller because it works with the ABS system and looks a lot cleaner, but I am not sure if I can just buy one and plug and play. I would hate to buy one and it not work on my RV.

I have called every number I can find. I have called Ford and Fleetwood. Can't get a straight answer.

My suggestion is to find a Ford dealer around you that does a large volume of truck sales and take the camper into them to have it looked at and see what you need to have done to get the controller wired up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom