First (brief) trip for the 5er today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ttyR2

Finally got the 5th wheel hit installed in the bed of my '71 F250 today. What a chore, what with making the brackets and machining spacers. Still...the hit is mounted and solid. Pulled the trailer around town for a bit and it towed beautifully. It was all low speed as I don't have the brake controller installed yet. The Tekonsha P3 should be here mid week. Once it's installed, we'll be ready to roll.

The F250 has a 390 engine in it and it did pretty well. Once it kicks down into 2nd, it accelerates nicely. I did try to pull the tailgate off with the tongue when I thought I'd shift forward just a hair while trying to get the tongue to latch up after closing the tailgate. No damage done, but lesson learned!

Over undulating pavement (some of the streets are in poor shape), it towed nicely and I didn't experience a bucking-bronco ride.

The Progressive Dynamics power converter I upgraded to is doing an awesome job with the batteries. Fully charged, and they haven't used any water in over a month when I checked. The two Interstate Group 29 RV batteries I installed are working well too. I'll be curious to see if they will last a full weekend with judicious use (without the generator if possible). Scored a lightly used Yamaha EF2600 generator that was in on a trade-in for $300. Runs beautifully and is fairly quiet.

I was able to talk the wife into taking a crack at recovering the folding couch/bed. It was trashed, and she was able to locate some leftovers from the Keystone factory in town. A local shop buys up extras, and we got a good deal on the fabric. Turned out looking very nice.

Excited to take it out for a camping trip soon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom