RPM's for 454 4 bbl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adun015

Question to some of you that have had or still do own the older P30 MH's that do not have an OD tranny.
What do you see RPM wise at around 60 MPH? Condition would be level to slightly rolling road conditions
I weight in at 14,500 lbs and see right at 3000 to 3200 RPM's at 60.
Just one of those piece of mind questions.

Don't know if helps or not, but we race a junkyard 454 on a dragster, and the MSD is chipped at 6800 rpm max. It runs off the limiter in 1st and 2nd in the 1/4 mile. I think 3200 is  a fine cruising rpm given your weight.

That is about right. I have the older 454 without the OD. I don't have a RPM meter, but I can tell by the sound of the engine. The OD would usually bring it down to between 2500 to 2700 RPM's, so you are not missing much, and you have enough torque for the hills. ;)

flyrotor said:
Love the sound of those old 454's with a 4 barrel, unfortunately my wallet doesn't

YES I do too, My wallet hurts a bit but it is my first and I have sure learned alot. I wanted the older MH so I could work on it engine wise. BUT BOY when that 4 bbl hits it does sound lovely. I also have headers with Flowmaster exhaust. VROOMMMM VROOMMM !!!!!!

Also thanks to all for your responses. Just wanted to verify as my brother in law said he thought it was about right but unsure due to weight. I feel better knowing it is right on......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom