Jim Dick Surgery Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's great news!  We'll trust and pray for a speedy recovery from here on...

Great news, always like to hear that word, benign! 

Our thoughts are with you both during the recovery.

Now off to my own physical torture!

The word "benign" has to be one of the most beautiful words in the English language.  So happy to hear it applies to Jim.  Here's to a speedy recovery!

ArdraF

Benign is good, Jim ... just what all of us want to hear when we wait for that fateful news.  :)  Keep on keepin' on.  We're thinking about you daily.

Margi

Great news ! And now he's got it taken care of, he and Pat can get back to traveling, hopefully to Yellowstone in time for the photography class .... and if not this year, then next year.

Wendy

Hi Framily,

Here I am!! ;D Thanks for all the wonderful wishes. I'll be sure to try to take the Doctor's advice. I don't want to go back to the hospital.

The Doctor finally told me I could go home this evening around 6:30pm. Just in time for the Nurses shift change. Finally got out of there around 9:20 after the staples were removed and paperwork was completed. The Doctor was still there! Arrived home at 9:45. I just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm doing fine. Will be sore for awhile and need to wear a binder for three weeks. They don't want the hernia to pop or the wound to open. I can't lift anything over 10lbs for 8 weeks. That's the time we are due in Yellowstone. Still hoping to make it but the next couple of weeks will give me a better idea on that possibility. If, for some reason, I can't I want to let the YA know so they can replace us.

It may be a few days before I feel up to spending any amount of time on the forum but I'll check things as I can and keep you up to date. Good to be home!!!!!!

Sounds like you should stick to aluminum cans of Miller Light for awhile to stay below the 10 lb limit.  Glad to hear all is OK. 

Get a great big teddy bear to squeeze when you have to cough... more elegant than a pillow.

Great news, Jim.  Glad to hear things are going well.  Hope you make your photography class as scheduled.  Be good, obey Pat and the doctors.

(Pat:  My sympathies ahead of time -- these good ol' used-to-being-active guys rarely make good patients, but I know you'll be a great nurse!)

Margi

Glad to hear you are home at last.  Aren't hospitals fun, NOT!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and we will say a prayer or ... to help you to be able to make the trip on time.

Oh good!  The worst is over and now comes the boring part - trying to behave yourself!  Don't drive Pat too crazy!  ::)

Hugs,
ArdraF and JerryF

Hope you are back to good health soon Jim. Welcome back!

Jim Dick said:
I can't lift anything over 10lbs for 8 weeks.

Well, my friend -- guess that means you can't use your Canon 100-400mm lens for awhile . . .  :)

Nice to read that you are home again, Jim. Am still hoping to see you somewhere along your Westward trek.

Welcome home, and we're happy the surgery went well with no long term effects.  Hope you get to YP as planned, but only if you're able.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom