Refrigerator in Lock-Out ?? Board replacement ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adun015

I have a Dometic RM2807 model refrigerator in my MH.
Symptoms: Ready to hit the road and switched on the unit which went straight to the gas mode as expected and a short drive to the camground ( L/T 30 minutes ). After arrival at CG hooked everything up, checked Frig. and it showed that it had switched over to AC and I checked, of couse to early to see any cooling. Checked back around 3 hours later and it was still showing in AC mode and frost had formed in the the freezer section and temp had begun to drop in the lower box.

Left unit alone and checked again before going to bed, good amount of ice had formed in the ice trays and lower box was at 40 and going down.

Got up Saturday morning and the unit had switched over to gas operation and the temp was going up. ( No check light ) later checked again and had no light for AC  nor Gas and the box was still raising in temp.

My camping buddy came over and we pulled the cover's and started checking voltage and such.

Now comes the good stuff, all connections going to board seemed to be OK but as we were removing the board cover the gas ignition started ( could hear it clicking ). as soon as we removed the cover the gas lit. We then took the unit out of gas to check the AC and the element began to heat. Bottom line is that it seems that all systems are responding and that there might be a short somewhere in the board.

After above was finished the unit went back to AC operation where the cooling started again and continued to cool right up to last check prior to bed. Again on getting up the unit had switched over to gas and was in the process of the temp going back up again.

I have ordered a replacement Dinosaur board but started doing some checking and found information about electronic igniter and was wondering could this be the problem and sending the current board into a lock out after trying to light?

Any help would be appreciated, just wondering if maybe I should have replaced the electronic igniter before going to the board or if I am on the right track by replacing the board first? Or maybe I should replace both your thoughts ????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom