Wow; we just bought a 2010 Winnebago View 24A!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jayknee

I know; my dear hubby and I have been complaining about the high cost of the Class C motorhomes. We wanted a Winnebago but they were so expensive even the used ones and try and find a used View or Navion. We have been scouting dealerships in California, Nevada and our home state of Arizona for nearly a year and no luck.

We got an invitation from a dealer here in Arizona to attend an RV show and a free lunch. Woo hoo; free lunch okay; we are there! We made reservations at Best Western and went to the show. A windy, cold, snowy day just miserable weather but we met so many nice people. I just talked to everyone I could since it seems people love to talk about their RV's and generally most are happy with what they have and love to offer advice on what to get.

We had been looking at Navions and Views all this time but none were within our budget; not even close so about ready to give up. We saw a lot of used RV's and some looked really sad and others showed pride of ownership which was obvious.

Today; we walked through the View and it had everything we wanted and all the extras too. We weren't even going to look at the price but decided oh what the heck and it was marked down to almost affordable. We had a nice chat with the sales person who was nice and not pushy. We made a counter offer and it was accepted! We go get it next week so you can bet I will be here with more questions and ALL advice is appreciated.

Winnebago has such a great reputation and being former Iowans we may be a bit biased. Wish us luck and thanks for such a great site!!  ;D

Congratulations! We have had our 2010 24A since November and really like it. It is our first MH. We are getting an avg of 15 mpg and have had at least 1 tank near 18mpg. Try here for a dedicated View/Navion forum with 3600+ members.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/View-Navion/

Jim

Congratulations on your new toy. If you are not already a member of the WIT club (Winnebago Itasca Travelers Club) you should consider joining and going to the Grand National Rally in Forrest City in July. There is so much to be learned at the seminars and much fun to be had.

Besides it is a good excuse to go back to Iowa.

Major congradulations, you won't regret it! I also ditto what Tourmaster said about the rally!

Congratulations! The Sprinter platform is great and we've been extremely happy with our iQ 24DL. We've been just over 4500 miles since March.....handles great and mileage has averaged 15+ as well! Hope you have many enjoyable miles!!

We have our little "View" home now; well sort of. Our satellite dish was in the way (for a little motorhome it sure is tall!) so DH had to park at our snowbird next door neighbors RV parking.
They went back to the Midwest for the Summer so we called in a panic and they said we could park there.  I was concerned about leaving it in our drive way and wanted it behind a locked gate 'cause ya never know....

We are having the dish moved now so this afternoon will really bring it home. The builder in this subdivision put in RV gates and 30 amp electrical and dumps at each home. We said at the time we would never get an RV but maybe we would have someone visit with one and now I am so glad we have this.

We are stocking with supplies just the minimum to reduce the weight even though we aren't towing anything for awhile yet and spending the night in it and see how many times we have to run back in the house for stuff we forgot which is a good test.

We visited a really nice, clean, friendly campground about 10 miles from us so we are spending Tuesday and Wednesday nights there so that will be an official "shakedown".  Lets see... beer for DH, dog and dog food and poo bags, wine for me...yep..were all set!  8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom