Furnance not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wls

:mad:Before I take it back to the shop, I was wondering if anyone might know whats up with my furnance.
I just bought a 2005 sandpiper, suburban furnace. I got it home, and set it up, running on shore power. I turned the prpane, thermostat to furnance, raised it to 75, everything went fine, Blower came on then shortly heat came thru vents. I went out side, came back and furnace was off, felt sort of chilly, so I tuned it up nothing happened. I shut it down and started from scratch, there is a click at the air condition, and also the furnace itself, but thats it, no fan kicking on. Checked all the fuses etc. I have propane, cook stove works fine. I called the tech at where I bought it, told me to start from the begining, check fuses etc. I think it may be something simple, but I'm ready to hook up and go to the dealer early monday morning. Thanks in advance.

Your problem appears to be in the 12 volt circuit; not the propane supply. The fan (blower) is the first thing to start. If it doesn't, the furnace will not fire up because the sail switch isn't closed, so the propane valve will not open either. The blower is a 12V motor, so check the small (DC) fuses; not the 110V circuit breakers. Aside from the fuses, check the connectors running from the thermostat controls to the furnace control board - usually mounted near the fuse/circuit breaker panel. Also check DC battery voltage. If less than about 11 volts, the furnace control probably will not function. Make sure your battery voltage is up to snuff and your converter is working properly. If you have proper voltage and fuses and wiring all check out o.k., either the thermostat board or the furnace control board are most likely at fault.

OOPS! DO check the circuit breakers! If the one for the converter is open, you won't have a good 12V supply. Typically the converter will have its' own fuses mounted on it. Check them also (usually automotive-type fuses around 30A). 

Good Luck! 

well took it back to the dealer, found out the blower motor itself was broke. Hooked power direct to the blower wires, nothing. They ordered another blower assembly for it.

Back
Top Bottom