Power Gear Leveling System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A

AlanT

I am having problems retracting jacks sometimes they retract slow and sometimes they won't retract. The system has a Power Gear 500440 dump valve solenoid with manual overide which when I use the jacks retract fine. The solenoid is getting power to it and the coil has continuity so it seems to me the valve is sticking. Does anyone know if the valve could be stripped down for repair as this is a very pricey part.

ta

Alan

Don't know about repairing the valve, but the Power Gear jacks are notorious for getting slow if the collar seal on each jack ram is not lubricated.  There should be a zerk at the bottom of each ram - give it a squirt of chassis grease.

As Gay said, some PG jacks have a zerk fitting, if yours don't (my fronts do not but the rears do) Use some silicone spry on the chrome rams and see if that doesn't help. I have to do that to my front jacks about two or three times a year. The rear jacks I just grease about twice a year.

I have used silicon spray but it makes no difference. If I manually operate the valve the legs retract fine so it isn't the legs sticking.

ta

Alan

Back
Top Bottom