Backup lights on Truck with Slide in Camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbbowie

My Dad has a F150 with a Silde-in Camper (we won't talk about the weight). His problem is, when he backs up, the backup lights on his truck come on, reflect of the back of the Slide-in which distorts his vision in his mirrors; the backup lights on the Slide-in work as they should.  Is there normally something that should be canceling out the lights on the Truck while the Slide-in is attached? 

Hi, my back-up lights also blind me; what I did is remove the bulb from the tail lights on the truck, just don't forget to put them back when you take the camper off.

easyest way to do it is pick up a manual like a chiltons and figure out what wire is your reverse light. just install a toggle switch. you can even just follow the wires from the reverse light and hook up a switch underneath or you can be neat about it and run wire to your dash.

How about some of those smoked taillight covers? They are easy-on/easy-off.

I had a 1999 Silverado with automatic headlights - convenient, but there was no way to turn them off when the truck was running. This meant blinding people in campgrounds sometimes when I did not really need headlights to see. I bought a set of covers and lined the inside with duct tape to block the light completely.

They also have the spray tint, maybe tape up around the lens for the reverse light and tint just the reverse light

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom