Bad rust on an 08 Journey 39z ? help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All this is excellent information for me as my 2004 Meridian is showing rust in some of the same places.  A lot of my rust is showing up on the front edges of the compartments just behind the front wheels.  I'm assuming  the front tires are probably throwing up road debris  and knowing off the paint leaving the metal to rust.

In reference to a previous post about a specific department in Winnebago Industries that handles corrosion or rust preventives,,,everyone in that dept SHOULD BE FIRED because they do not know what they are doing! The problem has been on going for too many years.

My 2003 brave had an electical ground problem that caused the same rust problems, which took me a few years to figure out. Even taking it to the service departments, and calling the manufactuture did not solve the problem. I found the starter solinoid was grounding though the frame a small amount of current. I corrected the problem and then electically sanded the areas under the coach and inway of the bay doors, which took weeks of work, but no more rust problems. I did find other small electrical problems that also added to the rust problem, but like I said it took years of on and off searching. I know what you are going though and I wish you luck.

Back
Top Bottom