Journey Express Hump in floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art In Mobile

Looking at the floor plan for the Journey Express I can not see the hump in the floor over the engine in the bedroom. Has the engine been lowered or is this hump not showing in the 39 floor plan? I am 6-2 & the extra height would be welcome going into the closet. Thanks Art

I don't know the rig you are referring to specifically, but if it is a pusher most all don't have a raised floor for the motor.  Usually a front end diesel, or gasser will have a dog house over the motor, but in a pusher it is usually covered by the bed or some other cabinet like a closet.  I am 6-1 and have a flat floor throughout.  No problems.

Many rear diesels do indeed have a step up at or somewhere in the bedroom floor, but newer ones seem able to do away with this. Sometimes, though it is accomplished by raising the entire floor, thus making the entry to the coach higher or the ceiling lower, or both. Pusher chassis manufacturers have made some progress in lowering the engine a bit, but there is a limit due to the angle of the drive shaft to the rear axle, which is very close by in a pusher chassis. Every little bit helps, though.

The basic answer is "the hump doesn't show", so check the actual ceiling height.

I stand corrected. I have never seen one, but that don't mean they don't exist!  Kind of like a fiscally responsible politician......... ;D

Art In Mobile said:
Looking at the floor plan for the Journey Express I can not see the hump in the floor over the engine in the bedroom. Has the engine been lowered or is this hump not showing in the 39 floor plan? I am 6-2 & the extra height would be welcome going into the closet. Thanks Art
Our Journey 39Z has a flat floor. Also has higher ceilings by a good bit, than many of the other coaches we have looked at. Still has an overall height of just a little over 12'. I figured that the ISB engine might be physically smaller or shorter.

My wife even complains about the kitchen cabinets being too high. I have to reach things on the top shelf for her.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom