Changes to the cockpit on my Allegro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seilerbird

I have just completed redoing the cockpit of my Allegro. The first problem was there was a bunk bed over the entire cockpit area and the seat was way too low. I could barely see out over the dash. So I removed the bed and raised the driver's seat up 4 inches. I also removed the dinette http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=31262.0 so I would have room to move the driver's seat back a bit further. The CD player that was in the dash did not work so I removed it and replaced it with a Supersonic car stereo that has USB and 1/8" iPod inputs. It also has an SD chip slot, so I can put 2000 of my most favorite songs on an SD chip and never have to worry about changing CDs again. The front two speakers used to be installed pointing down at the dash, which is useless. So I removed those and put the two rear speakers and enclosures from the bedroom in a location that provides me, the driver with optimal stereo balance. Since I usually don't have passengers this isn't a problem. I went to Walmart and bought a VR3 speaker enclosure with two 6" woofers and two 3" tweeters and wired them to the rear channel. Of course I can't hear the tweeters but I can certainly feel the bass. I mounted the remote control for the stereo in the middle of the steering wheel where is it out of the way but easy to get to.

I then hard wired the GPS and mounted it right above the stereo. I added my levels, a few photos and my flock of Condors. It is starting to feel like home.

Attachments

• Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 217
Its been many years since we have stopped calling the head office a "cockpit" in aviation, the PC crowd has influence on everything like it or not.>>>Dan

Tom:
Have you noticed that there is a cat that seems to get in everyone of your MH photos?

geodrake said:
Tom:
Have you noticed that there is a cat that seems to get in everyone of your MH photos?

Oh come on now, I don't believe that for a second.

Attachments

• Tom and Tarzan.jpg
    Tom and Tarzan.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom