Satellite reciever for camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srose

Hi.  I'm new to truck camping.  I just bought a 2006 Lance 951 that has a satellite dish mounted on the roof.  Unfortunately it did not have a receiver for the dish.  The dish is a Winnebago.  Does anyone out there know where I can get a receiver that will work with this dish?

S Rose 

Sign up for directv at home and when they give you one, use that when traveling.  Real simple.

I've got about 4 direct TV receivers that I don't use (No cards). If you sign up for service they'll send you a new card, make me an offer and pay the shipping and it's yours!

Thanks for the offer.  I have taken care of the receiver issue.

:)

Maybe the dish is a Winegard? I  don't think Winnebago makes satellite dishes...

Some dishes or domes only work with specific models of receivers, while others are more generic. That's more commonly a problem with a dome type satellite than an open-face dish.

Dish Network may have different requirements than Direct TV, so it is best to settle on which service you want before selecting a receiver.

I'm betting Gary is correct that your dish is a Wineguard. I did not know that Direct TV and Dish TV dishes were interchangeable. If they are you have no worries. If not you needed to have gotten a receiver for the service that matches the dish.

After you've gotten your receiver wired in you'll have to aim your dish (if it really is a dish) every time you set up camp. This isn't an easy task unless you have a self aiming dish like the Wineguard Trav'ler. I have one of these for Direct TV and absolutely love it.

Aiming the dish is not all that difficult.  The first couple of times can be, but once you get the hang of it it isn't all that bad.

Back
Top Bottom