bus insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wnyma771

I'm having serious trouble finding anyone that will insure my 25 passenger bus that I'm trying to convert. It is titled as a bus right now eventhough I have removed all the seats. I am in florida and need to get insurance so that I can get it licensed and registered. Please help! I've called about every insurance person in town.

You will find it a lot easier if you can get rid of that "commercial" (bus) title and change it to "private" RV. Might be hard since you haven't finished the conversion yet - I don't know how easy/tough Florida is on that designation. Probably depends on what office does the paperwork & inspection when you request a title change.

In the school bus conversion community, GMAC is widely regarded as being the only insurance company to cover a school bus conversion.  I believe they only offer liability, but at least it is some coverage, and will get you legal.

Some people have had luck getting State Farm and Nationwide to cover them.  Every report of that that I have seen has been a person that was a customer of theirs for years, and their local agent got the policy for them.  I know others have been declined for bus conversion insurance from those same companies.

Progressive will issue a policy via phone or via the internet, and then cancel it about 2 weeks later as they do not provide school bus conversion policies.

What kind of bus did you get?  I look forward to seeing your progress as you convert it.

I hope this information has been helpful,
jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom