EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Forum rally 2011 in Texas hill country.  (Read 11031 times)

29er

• ---
Forum rally 2011 in Texas hill country.
« on: May 15, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »
Ron and Shirley Maribito suggested maybe the next Forum rally be held in Texas hill country above San Antonio.
At the time they got nowhere, not exactly tarred and feathered, but close.
After reading about the "problems" with Moab 2011, maybe it's time to rethink the location?? Maybe some place around Borne or Comfort??
The Forum has boots on the ground in that location and could give us a report.
East coast and left coast coincide there.
Just a thought.......No rock throwing, please.

Kerry
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:54:08 AM by Tom »
Kerry & Georgia BETH Mathews. Yes, honeymoon continues.

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: Forum rally 2011 in Texas hill country.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:03:09 PM »
We've had 2 rallies in the Hill Country, last year in April and just last month.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:08:15 PM »
Kerry,
Feel free to organize one.  Anybody can hold a forum rally - just pick your date and location, make the arrangements with the campground (if required) and announce it here.  It's sort of "Build it and they will come..."
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

29er

• ---
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
Ned: Okay, I guess that ends that.

Kerry

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »
Kerry, not at all.  Go for it if you want to.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »
Ron and Shirley Maribito suggested maybe the next Forum rally be held in Texas hill country above San Antonio.

Kerry,
 I don't think Ron was chastised ( tarred and feathered)  for his offer of leadership.  We were simply  asking who would be willing to step us a leader of a rally and with the big silence, Ron jumped in offering Texas as a rally.   As Gary suggested ANYONE  on the RV Forum can  hold a rally with  simply  suggesting the time and place.

I was honored with Beth's nomination to be a  rally leader  but I have  done so many that I want to give other the chance of " leadership."   Likely I will gravitate to the ' Moab area next spring but only because we have a " new" jeep that needs some serious trails to  traverse.   If Texas is an interest , promote it and they will come!

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 06:25:04 AM »
I certainly did not mean to throw any rocks, Kerry.  Was just trying to encourage any who may have rally suggestions to take the lead and "go for it".
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

lucyakers

• ---
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 08:13:45 AM »
We would prefer to go to Texas since we don't 4-wheel and stopped at Moab for years going to and from Wyoming.
George & Lucy
Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40'
Maricopa, AZ

Ron from Big D

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
I am still ready to host a Hill Country Rally next April.  My thinking is to have 5 days each at two locations.  Marble Falls, TX  and Kerrville, TX.   There are loads of things to do in this location.  I tend to do more planning of activities as opposed to just letting it happen.  If you all are interested, let me know.  I need to get the campground reservations working right away.

My computer went down on the Hop, Skip and Jump and I need to get that remedied right now and also prepare to a show in Blanco, TX on June 11,12 & 13th.  I can then work getting everything in order.

Perhaps we can get some of the Easterners to come here for a rally along with those from the West.

Ron from big D
Ron from Big D
Staff
Artist/Photographer
http://picasaweb.google.com/remarabito

seilerbird

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 01:12:10 PM »
I will be in Texas next April and I would like to attend a rally if there is one there that month. There are lots of birds to photograph in Texas.

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »
I am still ready to host a Hill Country Rally next April.  My thinking is to have 5 days each at two locations.  Marble Falls, TX  and Kerrville, TX.   There are loads of things to do in this location.  I tend to do more planning of activities as opposed to just letting it happen.  If you all are interested, let me know.  I need to get the campground reservations working right away.

Ron

We have to be in Las Vegas from 4/18-22 and Goshen, IN by 5/10. Wendy's 4 Corners rally is better for us geographically, but if that doesn't work out, we may swing down if your dates fit.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

RLSharp

• ---
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
I am still ready to host a Hill Country Rally next April.

Ron,

Do you have any tentative dates to plan around? We could make a rally after about the 15th of April.

Richard
Richard & Linda
Rochester, NY (summer)
Tucson, AZ (winter)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 07:09:41 AM »
Ron,
I think it's a good idea, but my experience is that if you wait for people to people to approve ahead of time, it will never happen. Schedule the affair, including dates and site, and see what happens. You can always cancel if  there is insufficient interest.

"Build it and they will come".

If you schedule this, we would try to include this in our plans.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

lucyakers

• ---
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 09:00:44 AM »
Put us down to attend.
George & Lucy
Maricopa, AZ

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Ron,

Our plans for next spring are still very loose but I do know we have to come to TX as we have GGrand kids there in Killeen.  If we go south to AZ & CA next winter we will be headed to TX in late March or very early April.  We would love to hook up with Framily in a rally. 

We will then head east to see the Grand kids and GGrand kids in VA so will also try to stop and see more Framily on the way!!
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Ron from Big D

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
The Texas Rally would begin about the 15th of April.   I will go to work on setting this thing up and post all the information ASAP.

Ron from Big D
Ron from Big D
Staff
Artist/Photographer

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 04:42:40 PM »
All,

Those of us who continued on to Moab after Capitol Reef have started a rally which will be held at Portal RV Resort on May 8-15, 2011.  Four got reservations while there and eight have now signed up.  Please see the following thread.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=31848.msg300445#msg300445

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

seilerbird

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
Count me in, that is exactly when I will be in central Texas.

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
The Texas Rally would begin about the 15th of April.   I will go to work on setting this thing up and post all the information ASAP.

That would be good timing for me, Ron. If all goes well for me this year, I plan to visit my Sister in Austin about that time.
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

29er

• ---
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »
Ron:
  Thanks for picking up the slack. Not having been there for over thirty years there's no way I could organize anything as "boots on the ground" could.  Count on Beth and me coming.
  Not sure what a rally on the 15th of April has to do with a rally on the 8th of May.
  Pulled out the Rand McNally and it looks like a easy drive, with lots to see, from Kerrville to Moab.
  But then again I could be wrong.

Kerry & Beth

lucyakers

• ---
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 07:02:43 AM »
Great! Beth, this time I want an invite into your Tour with all of your huge slides!

I love to see inside rigs if anybody else ever wants to invite me! And you all are always welcome in my little one!!
George & Lucy
Maricopa, AZ

29er

• ---
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »
You guys are always welcome to come in.

WARNING: It may cause you to start looking at/for Winnebago Tours.
See you there, partner!

Beth

lucyakers

• ---
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »
Thanks Beth. We did have a Foretravel about 10 years ago and will probably stick to a travel trailer now - but, I love to look!
George & Lucy
Maricopa, AZ

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 09:38:01 PM »
Is the Foretravel gone now?  It had such an illustrious history!  I wish I had on tape George's tale of getting stuck in the mud at a roping event after combing the coutryside for parts to solve another problem.  I laughed until everything hurt while he was telling the story!  Qualifies for cowboy poetry in my book.   The west was never wilder than on that day -- for George, anyway.  ;)

Margi

Dave R

• ---
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:48 AM »
Jeanette and I will be in Texas at that time. Sign us up.

Dave
Dave & Jeanette  NC
2009 Hitchhiker Fifth wheel Triple slide
2013 Chev Duramax

lucyakers

• ---
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:15 AM »
The Foretravel was sold and George bought a live-in horse trailer (my, it has been a long time since we're seen you two!!). I stayed one night in that and, when he went back to WY in it, I bought myself the 21' Pioneer. We just traded that for the Laredo because it has a queen-size bed instead of the 3/4 I had before. The Pioneer was more similar to the trailer you had before the Bounder. With the new one, it's still small enough for me to pull on my own but big enough for him when I can get him to go with me.
We will have to meet up soon!
George & Lucy
Maricopa, AZ

taoshum

• ---
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 09:44:06 AM »
Drop a line to Willie.  If he's in town, he might be willing to host the rally and has a golf course to boot.  He even has a bio-diesel plant for fuel.  LOL.  If that doesn't work, Sandra Bullock has extra space these days....  Be sure to include Barton Springs Pool/Zilker Park for the nudists and the east side cove on Lake Travis for a rafting party.  Can't miss Luckenbach either.  By then, you may need a US Passport to get into Tx though.  LOL twice.  They do know how to create wealth no matter what anyone says, but stay away from Fort Hood.  The BB's will be in full bloom probably and the bats will keep the mosquitos in control but not the chiggers or the scorpions.  Ya'll have a great time.  Finally remember that "yes" is a three syllable word outside of Austin.  LOL, thrice.  Full disclosure: My Mommie and Daddy live there.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:46:52 AM by taoshum »
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

Ron from Big D

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »
The 2 rallies have nothing to do with each other than the fact that they are available.  I have the two campgrounds lined up and will post more information tonight or tomorrow.

There is lot's to do on the way to Moab from Texas.  Depends mostly on the route you choose.

Ron
Ron from Big D
Staff
Artist/Photographer

KodiakRV

• ---
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 06:51:42 PM »
If I could retire by then, that might be a possibility for us.  Our son lives in Austin...

Frank
Florida

Ron from Big D

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
Please take all the discussion about the April 2011 Rally in the Texas Hill Country to the new thread "RV Forum Wildflower Scramble in Texas Hill Country, April 2011" - here.

It is officially hosted by Ron and Shirley Marabito.    Come Join us.   It takes 15 rigs to get the rally rooms and rates.

Ron
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:53:29 AM by Tom »
Ron from Big D
Staff
Artist/Photographer

Hosted by Over The Network